The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

new 2xTC111 said to be very good

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I finally got out to test the TC20EIII with my 70-200vr II and 200-400vr on my D3x.

First impressions are that this converter works extremely well with the 70-200! I need to post some examples but I was very impressed at 200mm wide open, plus stopped down to f/8. Very sharp and very very acceptable.

Results on the 200-400 weren't as good and reallybi need to retest in brighter conditions using the D3s. Even on my wimberly with long lens technique there was some noticeable softness but I'm inclined to believe that was more due to me than the converter. AF worked fine although it's light dependent and I can see that it might struggle in anything less than decently bright light.

Pics to follow but so far the results on the 70-200vr far exceed what I've been able to shoot with the 1.7x in the past (2x was horrible before on the VR I lens)