The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Okay, Lens Help Please.

fotografz

Another shot with Nikon D50 + 200mm F2VR AFS

Nice.

Here's a test shot to check Bokeh and how well the 200/2 "dissolves" OOF objects. The inset showing the subject from the side demonstrates how far apart the two candle sticks were when I shot them stacked one in front of the other.

I need to use this lens for a real subject, real soon ... LOL!

Last edited:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
It is on my wish-list. Personally, I liked walking around with the 180/2. I found a lot of uses for that lens. I'm certain that I'd feel the same with the 200VR ... with the added bonus of AF. If only it were $750 like the 180/2.8. :D

Kurt

deepdiver

Hi Kurt
I tried that before, walking around with Nikon 200/2 VR
It's not a good idea :(
It's so heavy...!! the lens alone already weight around 3KG + 1 KG (Nikon D3) = 4 KG...!!!
It's killing my hand and my neck
>,<
hahahahaha
Andree

fotografz

Hi Kurt
I tried that before, walking around with Nikon 200/2 VR
It's not a good idea :(
It's so heavy...!! the lens alone already weight around 3KG + 1 KG (Nikon D3) = 4 KG...!!!
It's killing my hand and my neck
>,<
hahahahaha
Andree
Yeah, the 200/2, or any of those uber-quick 180/200s are shoulder slumping, lumbar crushing optics ... a real arguement for rolling bags and under paid assistants ... LOL.

My secret is a beefy Gitzo carbon fiber mono-pod with a really, really secure head and double locking QR ... which allows you to shoulder the set-up lke a rifle. I've carried a MF set-up that way for hours at a wedding and in 3 feet of powdered snow in Yellowstone.