The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sensor cleaning

MMPhoto

Hi All,

I am sure that there was a thread some where in here. Since I could not find it I decided to just ask.

Of all the choices on sensor cleaning tool available out there, what is the best system.

I am just tired of going to the shop to get clean, I would like to know what you use and the pros and cons about each one.

Thanks Michel

MMPhoto

Sorry for being so late on this topic.

I got myself the Visible Dust swabs and sensor clean. I am really please it does wonders along with the Giottos blower. And yes I recommend it

Michel

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Michel,

I use a Rocket blower for most cleaning, and then a Visible Dust Arctic Butterfly for a dry clean if necessary. If it needs a full wet clean then I use Eclipse fluid and Eclipse full frame sensor swabs.

I also recommend highly a sensor loupe such as the hoodman. This helps with identifying the position and character of any foreign bodies on the sensor cover.

Last edited: