The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon D3s fun

David K

Workshop Member
Gorgeous shot...looks like it could be a landscape from another planet. I'm hoping to get one of these myself when they become more readily available.

David K

Workshop Member
Another winner Uwe. I particularly like the restraint you've shown with saturation. The soft muted colors are well suited to the subject matter. Really nice work.

C

chrisssteeven

I can’t remeber any numbers off the top of my head and I couldn’t find a limit listed in the D3S specs. But other VSLR video clip limits are in the neightborhood of 5 minutes. That may seem short. But unless you’ve got your camera set up on a tripod to shoot a dance recital, it’s not really a big problem. Most video clips end up being a lot shorter than you’d expect. I haven’t shot a ton of video. But in all the box opening and other videos I have done, I’ve yet to hit the clip time limit with a digital SLR.

ustein

Contributing Editor
I can’t remeber any numbers off the top of my head and I couldn’t find a limit listed in the D3S specs. But other VSLR video clip limits are in the neightborhood of 5 minutes. That may seem short. But unless you’ve got your camera set up on a tripod to shoot a dance recital, it’s not really a big problem. Most video clips end up being a lot shorter than you’d expect. I haven’t shot a ton of video. But in all the box opening and other videos I have done, I’ve yet to hit the clip time limit with a digital SLR.
I is an issue if you record interviews or longer events. Not real issues for movies. Canon has 12 minutes and GH1 is even longer.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Not exactly high art but a fun 16mm fisheye 1/30s f/14 @ 12800 ISO straight from Capture One @ defaults :thumbs:

GrahamWelland

A grab shot with my D3s & 28/1.4.

What I found interesting was the colour rendering of the D3s is very much like that of the D3x in character based on what I've been seeing.

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

However, I shot this with the D3s and although somewhat noisy given ISO12800 and almost darkness I think it shows what the D3s can do for you :eek:
:eek: :eek: Just saw this image on my home machine. Nasty.
Note to self: Don't post images with shadow details and bad editing from your un-calibrated laptop on the road!! :deadhorse: