The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Nikon Lenses Announced

sinwen

click for larger size

With this one we are back to what Nikon lenses have always produced... burried shadows, unless you post processed it on purpose.

Michel

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
In that case I guess I'm the one to be held responsible. I cannot imagine it's the lens.
At least I have never before heard about this being a specific Nikon lens characteristic :confused: ... but I would like to learn more :)
I can send you the RAW file if you like, just let me know your e-mail address.

R

RRRoger

I agree that a new 24 f/1.4 fits a more needed lens gap.

but, what about the AF-S Nikkor 16-35 f/4 VRII?

I just bought one and tested it against an "old" 17-35 and a 28-70. The image quality was so close at 30mm that I could not tell them apart. The VRII works exceptionally well. The 16-35 is lighter but longer.

For me, the best thing about this new lens is that it caused a glut of used 17-35 Nikkors on the Market.
I picked up a "mint" used one for $800 and returned the 16-35.

Conclusion: F/2.8 is more important to me than VRII.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I agree that a new 24 f/1.4 fits a more needed lens gap.

but, what about the AF-S Nikkor 16-35 f/4 VRII?

I just bought one and tested it against an "old" 17-35 and a 28-70. The image quality was so close at 30mm that I could not tell them apart. The VRII works exceptionally well. The 16-35 is lighter but longer.

For me, the best thing about this new lens is that it caused a glut of used 17-35 Nikkors on the Market.
I picked up a "mint" used one for $800 and returned the 16-35.

Conclusion: F/2.8 is more important to me than VRII.
I must say that I never liked my 17-35. Mine did not produce enough and satisfying contrast and was pretty soft. Maybe a bad sample? Sold it a year ago.

Looking forward to the new 16-35!