The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Terry

Moi?
I'm being thick today (the wine came out too early, and it's hot and sunny).

Please Please explain your cryptic remark.
:)
in #21 they look most like a couple that is past flirting. Someone managed a good shot of you as well.

What are you using for your website?

jonoslack

in #21 they look most like a couple that is past flirting. Someone managed a good shot of you as well.

What are you using for your website?
LOL - no, just flirting, and I'm not so keen on the shot of me either, but it seemed churlish not to include it.

Website? Gallery pages in Aperture (easy) and then the website is done in iweb (even easier). I used to hand code it once, now it takes about 10 minutes to put up a gallery!

Maggie O

Here goes:

A wolf in sheep's clothing (D3 ISO 200 f6.3 24-70)
I'd like to think I would see it in my garden a bit more often, but it's just a courtesy car, and it's going back this afternoon.

I think I see Richard Hammond hiding in the underbrush!

Stuart Richardson

Nice Beetle!

By the way Jono, I always thought you were Dutch or something given the name Jono....I assumed you were just living in the UK. But, having seen your website, I know that you name is Jonathan, so forgive me. Nice pictures by the way.

jonoslack

I think I see Richard Hammond hiding in the underbrush!
Ah yes - not me I'm afraid, I try and drive a little carefully, and I don't have a black 911 either (EWE or not!).

This one is mine:

and this one is Emma's (much more tasteful)

We just got it back on Friday after a 3 month wash and brush up:ROTFL:

woodyspedden

Photo of my neice taken with the Hassy 110 f/2 on the Nikon D3. Love this combo.
Beautiful lens........beautiful girl. Like most of my D3 shots could use a bit of sharpening. Good news is the NEF files from the D3 really hold up with sharpening.

Woody

jonoslack

Nice shot David . . . Nice Neice too!
Woody - I quite agree, the D3 files seem to be the most 'resilient' RAW files I've ever had - you can go on and on before they start falling apart.
Do you still have your D3?

etrigan63

In order:
Nice Courtesy Car
Nice Ride!
Lovely Niece though she looks weary of her Uncle's lens being pointed at her. She needs to get used to that.

simonclivehughes

My wife and I got back recently from our 26-day road trip from Vancouver down the coast to Big Sur and then over to Yosemite. I used my new D300s and 12-24mm, 18-200mm and 70-300mm lenses. This is a sunset at Morro Bay, CA.

View attachment 5344

More pictures from our trip may be seen at my website (in the Travel section).

Cheers,

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I picked up my brother at the airport last Saturday, and since we were in need of some breakfast, we took a shortcut down towards a coastal town were there's an abundance of seafood available, even at 7 o clock in the morning.

And on the way, there were flowers, lots of them. Trying hard to be a real man, I obviously don't take photos of flowers, but alas.... I failed again. I guess I can try to become a real man next year instead :cool:

My first shots with the D80 and the unloved Tamron 24-135.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
"beautiful neice, beautiful blue
beautiful orange too"

hey, I made a poem :eek:
you can carry on shooting flowers, Jorgen :D

btw., when I shoot petals in direct sunlight I often need to underexpose by something like -0.7
otherwise the petals get blown out like if petals reflect light in a special strong way
do you see that as well ?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
btw., when I shoot petals in direct sunlight I often need to underexpose by something like -0.7
otherwise the petals get blown out like if petals reflect light in a special strong way
do you see that as well ?
Don't know, I never shoot flowers :D

Wait..... I'm thinking hard..... :sleep006: From the shadows, this one looks like it was shot mid-day (S3 with Micro Nikkor 105/2.8):

No, no blown petals.

Last edited:

deepdiver

More Fun Pictures of my New Friend with Nikon D3 + Zeiss 85/1.4 :D (last saturday)

Andree :)

Last edited: