The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks a lot, all of you. Here's another one from the cold north. Oslo recently opened the doors of its new Opera House, after a million years of discussions. The architects, Snøhetta, made a design that can be used for much more that listening to 200 year old music. One great feature is that it's possible to walk on the roof of the entire building, and people do.

Some do more than walking, and if this isn't a (roof)top performance, I don't know what is. D80 with Nikkor 70-300 ED.

jonoslack

Hi Cindy
Is that a working railway?
I love the first shot of the building - it really is a very good lens that one isn't it (you can also use it for beating back oncoming bears).

I can't see the last picture - is it me or the link?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks Jono and Helen.

Jono, This is basically a Railroad museum. The society is restoring old steam and diesel engines and various cars. They offer rides out into the countryside in the summer. Unfortunately, the rides and museum are closed down now because this area received devastating floods in June.
Yes, that 24-70 is a really nice lens.

etrigan63

More fun with light painting

Gamma Geiger

Green lightning, Mr. Shen. Green lightning.

(A no prize for the first person to tell us the pop culture reference)

May need to change the bulbs

And the secret as to how I did this..

You cannot believe how hard it is to write with a 35 foot pen!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Norway, as seen from a 737 with dirty windows through a D80 with the 85mm f/1.8, while being fed with unlimited amounts of chocolate and müsli bars, since the Lufthansa catering staff were on strike.

Terry

LOL - yesterday was the first day of charging for soda and bottled water on USAirways. What a joke!

Theoretically one now would buy your ticket, pay to check your luggage, pay for an aisle seat, pay for a soda, pay for snacks, pay for headphones (if you don't bring your own) but that won't matter this fall when they are dropping movies......

....but lest I forget after sitting on the taxi way for an hour the pilot got on and announced there were only 22 more planes ahead of us waiting to take off.

Welcome to flying in America....

Stuart Richardson

Yeah, it is awful...it only takes 4 and a half hours flying to Iceland, but you have to sit on the tarmac at JFK for at least 45 minutes before you take off...it is so inefficient.

jonoslack

Norway, as seen from a 737 with dirty windows through a D80 with the 85mm f/1.8, ]
Great Jorgen . . . and whilst we're on the 'impossible situation' photos.

How about:
K.D. Laing - so far away that 70mm fills the entire stage.
70-300 cheapo zoom
6400 ISO
camera held over head using live view to view image in screen.:ROTFL:
in middle of jumping crowd:

I'll start a thread on the subject later, but I thought this was a good starter!

H

hermie

Jono,

What 70-300 cheapo zoom are you referring to here:
- Nikkor AF-G 70-300 4.0-5.6 or
- Nikkor AF-S 70-300 4.5-5.6 G VR

jonoslack

Hi Jorgen
I reckon she thinks of herself as a kind of female hip version of Tony Bennett (with whom she made an album in 2002).

I'm surprised you haven't heard of her (she's hardly fringe these days!):

K.D. Laing

Hermie; it was the new G lens with VR - I just couldn't believe how well it worked, I'd guess 80% keepers with it held as high over my head as I could (and that's wobbly let me tell you!).

Last edited:

etrigan63

Norway, as seen from a 737 with dirty windows through a D80 with the 85mm f/1.8, while being fed with unlimited amounts of chocolate and müsli bars, since the Lufthansa catering staff were on strike.

Here in the States we have to buy the chocolate bars and granola snacks! They will be charging for soda soon too I suspect.

Nice photo, BTW.

robmac

70-300 VR G

Have been going a little copy-paste happy after discovering MTFs on Nikon Japan site.

Looked up the AFS ED VR, etc, etc 70-300 mentioned earlier. Can see why it performs so well. With VR and the low-light performance of the D3/700 and for < $500 new, I can see why Jono and others like it as a walk-around so much. Just went on my short-list.

F stop unknown (in English anyway).

jonoslack

Festival time!
Blissed out for Martha Wainwright:

Clapping Devon Sproule

Hmm -The Fascist in the Hippy:

Fixing the makeup

Great Result:

Could this be clapping K.D.Laing?

We did have fun!