The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

jonoslack

Happy BD there old man, now if you stop now i will catch up. LOL

The problem is you can probably still drink me under the table so we will have to try that someday.
Thank you! I'm putting the brakes on hard :)

As for drinking you under the table . . . I doubt it, I doubt it . . . ask any of my friends :ROTFL:

jonoslack

Happy B'day sir - buy yourself anything interesting..? ;>
Thank you! most generous.
Actually no - I seem to be selling my noctilux instead - you know, us old-timers, shedding goods!

To be honest, I'm waiting to see what happens about a few Nikon primes - then I might stick my toe a bit further in the Zeiss waters (if they don't come up with the goods).

V

Vivek

Bob, Thanks. It is a modified D40x. It has no UV/IR cut or AA filters in it.

A Baader U 2" filter (transmits from 310 to 390nm with no visible or IR transmission) was used for filtration.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jono, how do you find all those nice clouds? You seem to be related to René Magritte somehow :)

Careful with those Triffids, they are sometimes unpredictable. When I listened to the radio play in Norway many generations ago, I was so scared I could hardly sleep at night :eek: , even though I had a week to recover between each episode. Not all the special effects machinery of all Hollywood studios combined can ever hope to top that.

Sometimes, words are stronger than any photo. Strange, isn't it?

V

Vivek

I would say more than sometimes. If the mind can be tickled by a bunch of selected words to weave its own imagination they are even more effective than a photo. :)

etrigan63

Horrors, and you are standing so close!:eek:
-bob
Bob, I don't think that Jono got the pop culture reference you made.

Jono, Bob alluded to the 1951 British novel "The Day of the Triffids" by John Wyndham and the classic (1962) British sci-fi movie of the same name where carnivorous, ambulatory plants and a meteor shower that leaves all humans blind lead to the collapse of civilization.

jonoslack

Bob, I don't think that Jono got the pop culture reference you made.

Jono, Bob alluded to the 1951 British novel "The Day of the Triffids" by John Wyndham and the classic (1962) British sci-fi movie of the same name where carnivorous, ambulatory plants and a meteor shower that leaves all humans blind lead to the collapse of civilization.
Hi Carlos
I'm not sure whether to be flattered or insulted!
You must think me very stupid :). On the other hand, as I called the photo 'High Summer with Triffid' it might be that you also think me psychic?

I'd read it, and the Chrysalids (better) the Midwich Cuckoos (also better) the Kraken Wakes (soso) Chocky (not so good) erm. can't think of any more without resorting to Wikipedia, still, maybe that's not such a bad haul!

Which was why I posted the SLOW photo - as an answer to Bob's . . . Oh hell, just read the thread again
:)

jonoslack

Jono, how do you find all those nice clouds? You seem to be related to René Magritte somehow :)
Well, we do have a French girlfriend of on of our son's staying (so sweet). D'you think that's the reason?

Careful with those Triffids, they are sometimes unpredictable. When I listened to the radio play in Norway many generations ago, I was so scared I could hardly sleep at night :eek: , even though I had a week to recover between each episode. Not all the special effects machinery of all Hollywood studios combined can ever hope to top that.

Ah yes - dangerous beasties. I enjoyed the Day of the Triffids (I've heard a radio broadcast of it - excellent stuff) but the books were real favorites when I was around 10 or 12.

The Chrysalids was my favorite - about a bunch of telepathic kids in a violent post-nuclear age, our boys all loved it, and I read it again just a few years ago - with the same intangible effect.

I'll bow out of the 'stronger than any photo' argument - I can't think of anything intelligent to say about it

etrigan63

Hi Carlos
I'm not sure whether to be flattered or insulted!
You must think me very stupid :). On the other hand, as I called the photo 'High Summer with Triffid' it might be that you also think me psychic?

I'd read it, and the Chrysalids (better) the Midwich Cuckoos (also better) the Kraken Wakes (soso) Chocky (not so good) erm. can't think of any more without resorting to Wikipedia, still, maybe that's not such a bad haul!

Which was why I posted the SLOW photo - as an answer to Bob's . . . Oh hell, just read the thread again
Serves me right for not backtracking through the thread and forgive me for doubting you. BTW, my family and I are going to London next June to visit friends. Perhaps we can meet up then?

jonoslack

Serves me right for not backtracking through the thread and forgive me for doubting you. BTW, my family and I are going to London next June to visit friends. Perhaps we can meet up then?
No worries - I'm just as guilty. Sounds good - coming to visit us in our rainy season? Actually, aren't rainy seasons usually warm?:(

June is usually the best month for our weather, but the last two years have been dismal and cold yeuch!

We live around 100miles north of London, in the land of Magritte clouds and Triffids.

etrigan63

We'll work something out by then. I have two of my "employees" that live in the UK as well, so I have several visits to make.

jonoslack

HI Mike
Congratulations - I hope you'll be very happy together!
It's certainly hard to resist, seems to produce great results with very few vices (and it focuses close as well)

Carlos - We try and spend most of June in Cornwall (hence the rain resentment), but if we're around I'll look forward to it.