The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

jonoslack

Hi Arne
Sorry for the later reply (I thought I had replied, but it doesn't seem to be there!).
Hi Jono, my back is bad as always, but not from carrying camera equipment:eek:
When on these trips I strictly adhere to the "if it's more than 50 meters from the car, it isn't photogenic" school of thouhgt:D
What an excellent concept . . . but what do you do when you spend two weeks in Crete 5 miles from the nearest road!

As for backs - after years of fiddling around with osteopaths and chiropractors - all of whom said they could cure my back but couldn't I finally went to a sports physio around ten years ago, I have to do excercises every day, but my back is better than it's been since I was 16!
The Sony a900, interesting, but I'm more curious about Nikon's high-res DSLR which I expect to be more refined. And hopefully in a D700 sized body....
Oh - I hope so too, but I bet they put it in a behemoth body and charge twice as much as the Sony . . . it'll be interesting to see.

I too find the colours of the 1DsIII preferable in these samples, although I often prefer the somewhat lighter and slightly more differentiated colours of the D3.
I don't usually like Canon colours, but in this instance they do seem to be best. IMHO Olympus still produce the best colours out of the camera.

V

Vivek

The end of the Bramble (Black berry or as it is called in Dutch, Bramen)season.

D300, 70-300 ED @300mm, ISO1000

jonoslack

Awesome, Jono! :thumbs:
Thank you!
Carlos - it wasn't actually very cold, but it WAS misty, so I guess the dog's breath was accentuating it. He is ALWAYS getting in the way, usually he either treads on things, or pisses on 'em. This was the payback!

On a more relevant note, I'm always really impressed with the DR one can squeeze out of the Nikon FF sensor in high contrast scenes like this.

jonoslack

The end of the Bramble (Black berry or as it is called in Dutch, Bramen)season.
HI Vivek
Very Nice - especially the IR version. Funny coincidence, I was taking pictures of them today as well, but our season is in full swing, far from over:

They are of the Genus Rubus in the Rose family. Confusing names over here:

Bramble bushes have
Blackberries on them
and you use them to make Bramble Jelly (or Blackberry Jam!).

The red berries in the background on my picture are rose-hips.

V

Vivek

Jono, Thanks for the bramble education! Yes, i also love the light you captured in your bramble shot.

Here is the typical light I deal with.

D300, Sigma 30/1.4

D

dlew308

Just returned from a little family vacation in Cancun, Mexico...
This little fellow was a day old and will be sent out to sea by the hotel staff....

V

Vivek

Jono, Thanks. I am ambivalent about the origin of the light. Kids growing up here certainly have an advantage in that they grow up with some exposure to the masters (although, very few catch it, as is the case everywhere). I think I learned a lot looking at them.

A couple of my older shots (I don't know if I had shown them here or not, my apologies if it is redundant):

Schveningen pier, D40x, Sigma 30/1.4

Window light, D70 and a 9.8cm f/1 lens @ f1

Maarten, Thanks for the link to an interesting documentary. Are you the same Maarten who created the concept for it?

Maarten

Are you the same Maarten who created the concept for it?
No I'm not. I wish. I just remembered seeing this documentary about Dutch light.

Both of your last photos look like paintings. Very nice colors and "fuzziness".

Let's see if I can find some Dutch light pictures....