The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

jonoslack

Damn Jono they look awesome. Color dead on my friend
HI there Guy.
I'm so much happier about it now - mind you, I haven't been shy about the colours here:grin: But my nasty yellow has gone.

Do you know, I'm such a sad bastard that I've been known to take a photo of a patch of grass, print it, and then go and lay it back on the original patch:)

You should just see what the flights are , maybe surprised
I'd love to, but it's time that's really the problem at the moment - unfortunately I have a living to make!

One day,one day - I'd love to come, even if it's so that I don't muddle up my Roberts!:ROTFL:

Terry

Hi Jono,
These are cool. Love the light on the tractor. I also couldn't see them last night until late but by then my iPhone battery was completely shot.

Yes, I am taking the D300 off of AWB. Hard part for me is putting together a good mental checklist for each of my cameras so, I remember to get the settings right when I start shooting.

I look forward to meeting you one day as well. I can see you now at a workshop, everyone heads off walking left and Jono walks off to the right nobody has any idea what he is looking at and he comes back in with the most astonishing pictures that we didn't see.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Motto?
There's no such thing as a bum note - it all depends on how you resolve it.

(I think it comes from Thelonius Monk)

Steen - that picture 'for life' is wonderful - really great . . . . did I say I liked it?:thumbup:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
(...) Hard part for me is putting together a good mental checklist for each of my cameras so, I remember to get the settings right when I start shooting. (...)
I know exactly what you mean, Terry.
Right now my solution is to put those settings I need to remember to check, into "My Menu" which is a small collection of important menu points we can make ourselves out of the countless menu choises.
In the left column of the menus just enter the last menu segment on the bottom of the screen: MY MENU.
Then choose: "Add item" and then just choose a menu item after your own taste and push (OK).

So far I have put these three important choices into My Menu:
"White Balance" (no more Auto thanks to Jono & Robsteve)
"ISO sensitivity auto control"
"Non-CPU lens data" (if you use any manual focus lenses)

Of course you might already know all this, but hopefully it's a useful hint for some of those who, like myself, haven't yet read the entire manual, huge as a family saga as it is .-)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Here comes the postcard version of the above picture.
Actually Mr. and Mrs. Bird live in a cabin by the sea and they can just walk out of the door and forage for nice worms along the beach whenever they want. They are very happy.
Good night everybody and sleep well :)

Last edited:

Terry

Hi Steen,
Setting up my own menu is next on my list of things to do on the D300. I was trying to decide what I wanted to avoid clutter. ISO is definitely one. That is the item I go to the menu most to change, either taking it out of auto or changing the shutter speed limits. I've resisted the MF lenses and save that pleasure for the M8.

jonoslack

Very sweet Jorgen
Interesting lens that - so convenient - I had it on the Kodak 14n, trouble was it blew copious amounts of dust straight back on to the sensor!