The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

leif e

Lloyd! Your wife is really impressing me! my oldest son is into that kind of agony-seeking (triathlon) - and he´s only 34. :D

Jorgen, the snap of my granddaughter was after the chocolate cake. more important; do I detect mashed potatos on that plate of kjoettkaker??? :wtf::shocked: Or is it ertestuing (pea-stew)? I sure hope so!:lecture:
leif e

Leica 77

:) Hi Jorgen, viablex1, Lloyd, Cindy Flood and Others -- Great Images, indeed!!! Here is an image from my most recent travel to Taiwan. It is a modern building designed by a well known British architect. Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200mm. Thanks for looking. Leica 77 :)

Last edited:

Leica 77

:) Another Fun Picture with Nikon from my recent travel to Taiwan. Taiwan's tallest building - 101. Nikon D300 + AF Nikkor 18-200 VR Lens. Thanks. Leica 77 :)

Lloyd

Lloyd! Your wife is really impressing me! my oldest son is into that kind of agony-seeking (triathlon) - and he´s only 34. :D
Thanks, Leif. She never ceases to amaze me. She's a 10-time Ironman Triathlon finisher, has run across the Grand Canyon ("Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim" 48 miles) 3 times, runs Ultramarathons, marathons, etc., etc. Never did anything at all athletic as a kid; sang in the choir in college. Couldn't even swim or ride a bike until her 30s. She's completely reinvented herself... she's my hero!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Viablex and Lloyd,
The 80-200 AF-S @ f/2.8 is the perfect lens, unless you consider the weight and bulk. It's huge, but sharpness and bokeh is directly imported from heaven. I consider buying one more if I can find one. It doesn't matter what camera I fit it on, it has never failed. Even the humble D80 shines with this lens (except for the autofocus, which is great on the S5, but in my view the weakest part of the D80).

Leif,
No, the potatoes are new potatoes fried in oil, and the red stuff is "rørte tyttebær", whatever that is in English. The man is a kjøttkake purist, and only the best will do ;)

otumay

Just returned to my D700 after a long (and still going strong) love affair with Leica M8. D700 excels in where M8 fails: High-ISO performance. These photos were taken on my way back to the European side of Istanbul, aboard an old ferry with excessive engine vibration. Hope you like it.
Best regards,
Osman

Last edited:

Stuart Richardson

Nice photos Osman! I do think the D700/D3 make good companions to the M8 -- they pick up the slack in the areas where the M8 fails -- very high ISO, high speed shooting, weather sealing etc, while the M8 wins where lens signature and quality, portability, and discretion are more important.

viablex1

thanks, nikon D700, 14mm nikon lens at f 2.8 handheld at 1/60th iso is 250.

that place is a lot of fun and has tons of stuff to shoot!!!