The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

woodyspedden

D700 and 70-300 AFS VR. Lens is new to me and I like it alot already.
The 70-300 is a wonderful lens and much underappreciated in my opinion. Of course most folks want a fast constant aperture lens and this is understandable. But that is what drives the costs to the big bucks side of the equation.

I have had very good luck with this lens. Now that even the D3X is a good high ISO performer (not as good as the D3 but still good!) the lack of fast aperture is much less a problem than it was in the past.

Everyone, try one and see how you like it.

Best

Woody

Lloyd

This Japanese Maple overhangs my front porch, and needs to be trimmed back. I went out this morning to assess how to go about it, and found that the light was so wonderful I had to take a couple of shots. Here's one:

D300, 105/2.8 VR Macro @ f3:

View attachment 16513

Last edited:

leif e

Another walk in the woods. I know I posted this kind of flower before, but this is not the same plant, the other one was in bloom; this one isn´t until tomorrow, the other one was in color; this one isn´t. They´re both poisnous, though :shocked:
S5 (no news there), Micro-Nikkor 2,8/105 open (more or less), ISO 125

leif e

Last edited:

leif e

At Purelight they´re so fed up with my dog that I have promised not to post any more pictures of him. I know some of them come here as well, but they don´t have to look, right?!:angel:
Actually he (Rulle) is in a couple of threads here as well, but not drinking lugubrious looking water :D
leif e
The rest as above; S5 and all that ...

Last edited: