The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I posted the colour version of this on another thread. The I started to play around with it, and found that it looked like a completely different photo in b&w, so here's the colourless version:

D80 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.8

viablex1

Andree,

if I had your collection of "not-model friends", my wife wouldn't let me out of the house! You have a talent for instructing the "not-models" on how to pose and an excellent photographic eye for composition (beside the one you have for feminine pulchritude!)
seconded

D

ddk

Fun pics from this weekend :)
Introducing my new friend, Fenny (she is not a model) with nikon D3X + Nikon 200/2 VR (with SU 800 and SB 900 for CLS)
Andree
Hi Andre,

Very, nice, natural lighting. Don't know why you're wasting time with Leica glass in the other thread when you have the magic combination here with your D3x, the 200vr looks custom made for this camera! :thumbup:

deepdiver

Hi David.
Hhahaha LOL, I know that I might sound crazy :D. However, in the old days I always heard some great stories about leica/leica lens.
I never dream of using Leica lens on Nikon body.
Today, with a help from leitax, I can make my dream come true :)
I will regret it if for the rest of my life if I did not try it :D
Now I'm really happy, I can use summilux 80/1.4 and 90/2 APO on my Nikon dslr. The experience of shooting with leica glass on Nikon Dslr is something very special for me :)
(Yes a lot of people think that I'm crazy by doing it :p )

Andree

D

ddk

Hi David.
Hhahaha LOL, I know that I might sound crazy :D. However, in the old days I always heard some great stories about leica/leica lens.
I never dream of using Leica lens on Nikon body.
Today, with a help from leitax, I can make my dream come true :)
I will regret it if for the rest of my life if I did not try it :D
Now I'm really happy, I can use summilux 80/1.4 and 90/2 APO on my Nikon dslr. The experience of shooting with leica glass on Nikon Dslr is something very special for me :)
(Yes a lot of people think that I'm crazy by doing it :p )

Andree
My Canon days were about playing with contax and leica lenses and I'm getting a GH1 to play with old cine lenses, so I know exactly where you're coming from.

If I may suggest, you should try some Hassy glass on your D3x, looking at this series, I think that my suspicion that non-exotic Nikkors aren't good enough for D3x is true.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Photographers are, as we all know, well above average in every area we can imagine. Choosing the right tool for any task is something we don't need to think about, we just do it. It's in our genes, right.... :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

S5 with 80-200 AF-S with Tamron 1.4x TC @ 210mm and f/4.0

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In spite of the breathtaking speed, some actually manage to stay on the road :eek:

S5 with 80-200 AF-S with Tamron 1.4x TC @ 280mm and f/5.0

D

ddk

I want to see that magic hat of yours Jorgen, the one that you continuously keep pulling these gems out of, I was jealous before now getting envious! Love the singer the biker dudes, the race driver...

leif e

Photographers are, as we all know, well above average in every area we can imagine. Choosing the right tool for any task is something we don't need to think about, we just do it. It's in our genes, right.... :ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:
You are so right - in the genes, that´s where it lies.:D:D

fultonpics

point and shoot. yeah nikon!

first is a swing shot--you know swing the camera and push the button

the second is at 1 million iso due to darkness

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
David,
I haven't owned a hat since the one I bought when I was around thirty, thinking it was a necessity to become a man. Ten years later, having observed what misery grown men had created in the world around me, I decided that becoming an adult wasn't so important after all, so I threw it away :)

fultonpics,
that first shot of yours is the kind of image that I dream to get, but I always seem to get lost on my way to the stadium ;) Great shot!

What lens and aperture did you use?

Last edited:

fultonpics

jorgen, i only own two lenses both tele zooms made by nikon. one on one body and one on the other and i'm good to go--in fact usually it is only one on one camera when i show up---the other stays stashed in the car hidden in case the other one blows up. that top pic is at 4.0 which is my permanent setting on that zoom and the lower one is 2.8 which is pretty much where that zoom lives. i only shoot manual aperture and speed--never graduated to that auto stuff. the camera's are stock d3's with all sorts of custom settings that i can never remember--they kinda of made sense when i set the first one up and i just copied them on the second one (a refurb). i hate it when i bump a setting as it takes me forever to figure out what the heck i did. that darn focus point keeps moving around on me--it can be annoying. same goes for the awb stuff--i tried the little presets but find they aren't always the right temp, so I fiddle with that or just live with what the computer figures out on that awb setting. i only shoot jpeg since i don't have a clue about raw or even if my old version of photoshop will open it---i should try it some day! but i try to get it right the first time (not with much success sometimes)

i think both of these were used on the sports illustrated site somewhere, or maybe it was ESPN, i can't keep track and my agencies send checks without telling me where the stuff went. sometimes it just shows up at the house in a mag i'm thumbing thru. but i can tell you this, there ain't much money in editorial pics, it sucks. i'd do better shooting family portraits or weddings--but i'd go crazy. I took a camera on a trip once but had no idea what to do with the pics when i got home, so i don't lug it around anymore.

i used to only use canon and man am i glad i switched. those darn mk3's can't focus to save themselves--imagine having to transmit at halftime and having NO images in focus--"WTF" is right! so i dumped the gear at a big loss and went dark-side.

Thanks viablex1, I assume that is a complement?

I got tons of stuff so be prepared to be bored with lots of mediocre pics....

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
jorgen, i only own two lenses both tele zooms made by nikon. one on one body and one on the other and i'm good to go--in fact usually it is only one on one camera when i show up---the other stays stashed in the car hidden in case the other one blows up. that top pic is at 4.0 which is my permanent setting on that zoom and the lower one is 2.8 which is pretty much where that zoom lives. i only shoot manual aperture and speed--never graduated to that auto stuff. the camera's are stock d3's with all sorts of custom settings that i can never remember--they kinda of made sense when i set the first one up and i just copied them on the second one (a refurb). i hate it when i bump a setting as it takes me forever to figure out what the heck i did. that darn focus point keeps moving around on me--it can be annoying. same goes for the awb stuff--i tried the little presets but find they aren't always the right temp, so I fiddle with that or just live with what the computer figures out on that awb setting. i only shoot jpeg since i don't have a clue about raw or even if my old version of photoshop will open it---i should try it some day! but i try to get it right the first time (not with much success sometimes)

i think both of these were used on the sports illustrated site somewhere, or maybe it was ESPN, i can't keep track and my agencies send checks without telling me where the stuff went. sometimes it just shows up at the house in a mag i'm thumbing thru. but i can tell you this, there ain't much money in editorial pics, it sucks. i'd do better shooting family portraits or weddings--but i'd go crazy. I took a camera on a trip once but had no idea what to do with the pics when i got home, so i don't lug it around anymore.

i used to only use canon and man am i glad i switched. those darn mk3's can't focus to save themselves--imagine having to transmit at halftime and having NO images in focus--"WTF" is right! so i dumped the gear at a big loss and went dark-side.

Thanks viablex1, I assume that is a complement?

I got tons of stuff so be prepared to be bored with lots of mediocre pics....
Thank you for a very spirited answer. Looking forward to see more "mediocre" pics :thumbup:

leif e

Eh; I hope I´m not doing something illegal here, when I mention that my Fuji S5 Pro is for sale/trade in the buy/sell/trade section (along with a new AF D 2/35 mm).
leif e

Lloyd

Eh; I hope I´m not doing something illegal here, when I mention that my Fuji S5 Pro is for sale/trade in the buy/sell/trade section (along with a new AF D 2/35 mm).
leif e
Interesting. Just out of curiosity, why are you selling it? You had some great images from that camera.

leif e

Lloyd! I love the files it produces! Really! But the real fun in photography for me lies in B&W and M cameras/viewfinders (not necessarily Leicas). And, I can´t really afford to keep several systems. So; I´m getting another M4 and (I hope) a GRDII for digital. :)

leif e

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Leif,
I'm sorry you are selling your S5. I'll miss your posts here in the Nikon forum. Good luck wherever your photography takes you.