The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's a strange habit we have, categorising photos as well as photographers by brand names rather than by photos and subject. Not that I mind though. At the bottom of my heart, I'm a gearhead too. Most of us check out most forums here anyway, don't we?

Nice seeing you here at the Nikon forum for a while, Erik. Your photos will be missed here, but I look forward to keep in touch on the other sections of this excellent forum.

fotografz

I just put these in a different section of the forum, but thought you folks might get a kick out of them.

Done 10 years ago with my first Nikon digital camera ... a D1X using a Nikon 28/1.4 ASPH. (which I wish I had now).

These were promo materials I designed and photographed for a performance Art group called "Fire Fabulon". Specifically, these are the posters which were printed 30" X 40" and held up just fine.

:cool:

D

ddk

Thank you Lloyd, your kind words are very much appreciated!

I just put these in a different section of the forum, but thought you folks might get a kick out of them.

Done 10 years ago with my first Nikon digital camera ... a D1X using a Nikon 28/1.4 ASPH. (which I wish I had now).
Pretty cool! I always liked the D1x but never got along with the D2 series Nikons, something about the colors which missed the life and vibrance of the D1x.

If its any consolation as much as I love the 28/1.4 I see myself using the Zeiss equivalent a lot more than the Nikkor these days, something more solid in the pictures.

Just picked up the new 50 1.4 G ... liking it very much :)
What are the beads around the boys neck, they're very prominent, do they have any significance or its just something that he was wearing?

ShiroKuro

David,
the beads are Kukui nuts .... the young boy is a hula dancer and is part of his dance attire ...
The Kukui nut lei were worn by the Hawaiian royalty in time of old.

Here are a few from today ... Aloha :)

AlexLF

Just back with my wife from the mountainous province of Yunnan, southern China. We went into one of their UNESCO World Heritage Parks and the scenery was awesome.

Here's a shot with my D700 & Sigma 12-24mm.
Wow - a good one!

Here's my pathetic try - that's all of landscape I could manage to find today in Moscow (still getting to know DC 135/2):

ShiroKuro

The Nikon is pretty much glued to my hand at this point :)...
As far as my processing of the image files ...I am just doing some quick conversions using DFine and Color effects pro and some adjustment layers in PS4... and the Get DPI web action to save for the web ... nice PS action for those who have not tried them ....

This is Jeff Widener holding up a copy of the Honolulu Advertiser featuring a story about him ... He shot the image of the lone man standing in front of a column tanks in Tiananmen Square 20 years ago ....