The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lars

Am I the only one who cannot see AlexLF's pics? It seems that Alex' image host modelportfolio.ru is blocked for me. Probably my ISP doing the blocking, I guess.

Leica 77

Hello Lars,
Greetings! I happened to visit your 8 X 10 photo website. The color, composition, and high resolution of your images are stellar and stunning. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

etrigan63

Is the lake closed because of alligators? Or is it just someone telling other people what not to do?
If it was alligators, the signs would have to say alligators and the lake would be fenced off since alligators walk on land too. No, I think it has to do with that sub-species of alligator - the insurance adjuster.

AlexLF

Am I the only one who cannot see AlexLF's pics? It seems that Alex' image host modelportfolio.ru is blocked for me. Probably my ISP doing the blocking, I guess.
Well... that is really strange. I double checked - there were no problems with my website (at least my hoster tells me that).

Lars, I looked at your website and you have really great landscapes. Do you still shoot large format? I'm asking because my Linhof hasn't seen any light for about 8 months already. Well, and I haven't been done any travel so far...

etrigan63

Lars, open a Command Prompt (or Terminal session on a Mac/Linux system) and type
Code:
ping [i]name of AlexLF's site or its IP address[/i]
If that fails then the IP is blocked by your ISP, if not try
Code:
tracerte [i]name of AlexLF's site or its IP address[/i] (tracert on Mac/Linux)
and it should list the number of hops to get to the site or where it is failing.

Leica 77

Hello Cindy Flood,
I agree with Lloyd that the bleeding hearts are beautiful. The bokeh produced by the Mamiya lens looks rather distinct as well. I always enjoyed using the 645 medium format Mamiya lenses during the days of film cameras. All the best, Leica 77

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thank you Lloyd and Leica77.
The older Mamiya lenses are inexpensive and fun to use on the Nikons. I put them on my DX and FX bodies.

robmac

After all the trials and tribulations you had getting a clean one, it's nice to see some 80/1.9 images from you. Look great.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
LOL :ROTFL::ROTFL: makes me want to jump in!!!
Alligators are to be taken seriously where I live in Florida. It would be foolish for a person to just jump in. Google Alligator deaths in Florida to read some of the stories.

Carlos,
Ebay adapter Mamiya M645 to Nikon. I have the M645 80 f/1.9 (and 80 f/2.8), 150 f/3.5 and 200 f/2.8 lenses. I really like them all on my Nikon/Fuji bodies. I also have an old Mamiya 645 Super MF camera, so they serve me well.

Leica 77

One more fun picture with Nikon D300 + Nikon AF 18-200 VR lens from my recent travel to Hawaii. This one is similar to the one previously posted. However, the background is slightly differenct. Thanks for looking. Leica 77 :)

viablex1

Alligators are to be taken seriously where I live in Florida. It would be foolish for a person to just jump in. Google Alligator deaths in Florida to read some of the stories.

Carlos,
Ebay adapter Mamiya M645 to Nikon. I have the M645 80 f/1.9 (and 80 f/2.8), 150 f/3.5 and 200 f/2.8 lenses. I really like them all on my Nikon/Fuji bodies. I also have an old Mamiya 645 Super MF camera, so they serve me well.
Born and raised in west palm beach have seen my share, I'll beat them up with leica77's camera!!! and besides there is no real indication that a.) this is florida and B.) that there are gators present..and by the way those pics with that mamiya glass are stunning, I wish now I wouldn't have sold all my mamiya glass!!!

Last edited: