The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

AlexLF

Ok, I tried today to make some black and whites and here's two (D3x, 24-70):

USSR's famous SUV - Niva (still very popular):

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
This is from a while ago, just playing with B&W conversion on a rainy day. A fairly heavy crop with the D2Xs and 17-55.

D

ddk

That's some sad looking rhino, Tim... this will remind me to continue my monthly contributions to WWF, thanks for posting.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I have been telling myself that he's just taking a nice nap. But he is in a zoo, and well...

Speaking of zoos, here's a shot from the same long ago shoot. Same zoo. This is a big butterfly, maybe 4 or 5 inches across the wing. D2Xs with 17-55 again.

etrigan63

I'm doing a series on South Florida for a gallery exhibition in September. I will be posting samples as I go along. As always C&C is welcome. To see the whole photoset hop over to here.

I am going for a certain pop-art look to the series.

Thanks for looking...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Alex,
I like the Niva-shot. Ten years ago, I considered buying one of those and drive it from Norway to Thailand, but I'm a wimp, so I took the plane instead :(

Carlos,
The two first ones are nice, particularly the second one.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Carlos, very nice series content and compositions!

On the processing not sure what you're doing, but on my monitor the skies look oddly banded or tone-mapped, with irregular dark>light blue transitions.

etrigan63

Carlos, very nice series content and compositions!

On the processing not sure what you're doing, but on my monitor the skies look oddly banded or tone-mapped, with irregular dark>light blue transitions.
Thanks Jack. I am processing the images with varying degrees of Topaz Adjust to get that Pop Art feel. The theme I am going for is artsy vs realistic.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
But with many funny pictures! :)
From a photographic point of view, it would have made more sense to go now, but I would probably take more photos than anybody would ever want to see. There are areas on the route that I would very much like to visit though, particularly in North-Western China, but also in Russia and Kazakhstan.

Maybe David is right. Maybe I would never get to the finish, but remain along the route taking photos forever... :LOL:

fultonpics

sorry to confuse--it was outdoors in calif a couple weeks ago. most world record holders at this kids meet--maybe you can recognize the one from underwater. happens once a year around here, so i drag the nikon gear over to take some snaps. get to use all 3 on my lenses for once.

woodyspedden

Thanks Jack. I am processing the images with varying degrees of Topaz Adjust to get that Pop Art feel. The theme I am going for is artsy vs realistic.
On number one the transition from light blue to dark blue is almost instaneous. I will never question artistic intent. If that is what you wanted then God Bless. It is not my cup of tea but then tea is expensive where I live. LOL

Woody