The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Met my old friend in a neighborhood (well, not really old :) ).
What an interesting coincidence. I also met an old friend today, a somewhat more bearded one though ;)
And the Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 is just the sharpest, loveliest lens ever :D
Here at f/2.0 on the S5, no adjustments.

AlexLF

What an interesting coincidence. I also met an old friend today, a somewhat more bearded one though ;)
Jorgen, it's not that I envy :) but your image is so ... portraiture!

Leica 77

Hello Jorgen,
As usual, your image is fantastic! The Viking Smile is terrific! Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Leica 77

nice I have been wanting a d@h for a while now!!
Hello viablex1,
Many thanks for your kind feedback. Among all the digital SLRs I have used, the D2H is certainly one of the finest cameras I own. It is responsive, fast, and solid. Though I also like the newer digital SLRs for their innovative capabilities, I have taken my D2H to remote travel destinations. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

Lloyd

Hello viablex1,
Many thanks for your kind feedback. Among all the digital SLRs I have used, the D2H is certainly one of the finest cameras I own. It is responsive, fast, and solid. Though I also like the newer digital SLRs for their innovative capabilities, I have taken my D2H to remote travel destinations. Best regards, Leica 77 :)
I have to jump in on the D2H bandwagon as well. I've owned three of them, and though I don't have one at the moment, I consider it a much under-appreciated camera. I wish I still had one.

Lloyd

Jorgen, That's just a flat-out great portrait! :clap:

Leica 77

I have to jump in on the D2H bandwagon as well. I've owned three of them, and though I don't have one at the moment, I consider it a much under-appreciated camera. I wish I still had one.
Hello Lloyd,
Many thanks for your kind feedback. I agree with you that the great value of the D2H is much under-appreciated. Though the pixel size is not huge compared to the newer digital SLRs, it nonetheless produces pretty sharp images with excellent color tonality. If one wishes to make large enlargements, then the D2X(s), D3(x), D300, D700, etc. would be more preferrable. Best regards, Leica 77 :)

R

Ranger 9

Met my old friend in a neighborhood (well, not really old :) ).
Yeah, sure, she just happened to be out for a stroll around the neighborhood with her wardrobe stylist and makeup artist, right? Wait, I forgot, you're in Moscow... girls probably actually do do that there... :)

routlaw

Having a blast shooting weddings with the D3X. Nice color. Great skin tones.
Very nice! Hmm, I thought Nikons were supposed to have bad flesh tones, :D

Looks like several forum members (Jorgen, Alex & others) are proving this to be wrong. :thumbs:

Rob

routlaw

Met my old friend in a neighborhood (well, not really old :) ). D3x, DC 135/2:
Excellent on both accounts, though I somehow prefer the looks of Alex's friend over crusty old bearded guys ( :D ), but a great candid portrait none the less Jorgen.

Rob

woodyspedden

Very nice! Hmm, I thought Nikons were supposed to have bad flesh tones, :D

Looks like several forum members (Jorgen, Alex & others) are proving this to be wrong. :thumbs:

Rob
On the contrary............Nikons have acknowledged great skin tones. Those who don't like Nikon color are put off by what they perceive to be too yellow tones in leafy green foliage

Woody

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
On the contrary............Nikons have acknowledged great skin tones. Those who don't like Nikon color are put off by what they perceive to be too yellow tones in leafy green foliage

Woody
Nikon? Never heard about it. There's a Nikkor on my Fuji though. I'll ask it about the foliage thing :p

S5 with Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS @ f/2.8

... and thank you for the friendly words about the portrait. I hope the viking likes it too :)

AlexLF

Nikon? Never heard about it. There's a Nikkor on my Fuji though. I'll ask it about the foliage thing :p

S5 with Nikkor 105mm f/1.8 AIS @ f/2.8

... and thank you for the friendly words about the portrait. I hope the viking likes it too :)
Jorgen, I can't follow you so fast! :) Very light capture!

routlaw

Woody
Hi Woody, thanks for the comments. Please understand I was being mostly facetious with my remarks.

But just for the record I have been reading about all sorts of bad Nikon color for years on the internet (including these forums) clear back to the classic Nikon D1, some people just don't like Nikon color, what ever that is including flesh tones. While its true that many photographers also complain about foliage having a yellowish tone with vegetation (including spring greens... hmm) there are also no shortage of complaints floating around about poor flesh tones even with the newer Nikon cameras.

With the exception of the D1 which truly did have some issues with color at times, I have not for the most part experienced these problems with the my Nikons including the D1, D1x, D2x and now the D3. However a cohort several years ago brought his D1x over to my studio to compare with my D1x since he was having some color issues. We set both cameras up absolutely identical, gray balance, same lens, the works and sure enough his images returned a noticeably more yellow image. Go figure. That experiment might indicate a level of inconsistency in manufacturing with some cameras.

Rob