The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

AlexLF

more soul...

Seriously though, I am not sure. There are a few around here in Iceland...I don't think they view it as a problem...perhaps it is so that it was more visible in the snow? Most of the churches here are white with red roofs...

thank you all for the compliments...

here is another black church, though this was with the DMR...
This has something very strong... I look at it and can't explain...

Stuart Richardson

Thank you Alex! It may be that the church is well-placed. Up on a small hill, looking out over the landscape. The weather is typically Icelandic too -- cloudy, transitional...ready to be either sunny or pouring rain within a few moments.

And nice job Viablex! The D700/D3 really scream out for night work...they are really at home in the dark as you have demonstrated.

viablex1

that last one is great!!!

stairs at the palace theater, it says Jackson five tonight out front!!!

Last edited:

Leica 77

Hello AlexLF and viablex1,
As usual, your images are fantastic! Though Super Star Michael Jackson is gone, a sign that says "Jackson Five tonight" still remains at the Palace Theater... All the best, Leica 77 :)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Viable, how come it always looks like that when you've been there ... :shocked:
Impressive rendering, btw. :thumbup:

routlaw

Matt and Alex, both very nice work again! Really like the waterfront image at night.

But I agree with Bondo how come all these places look torn up after you've been there... hmm looks like a pattern is developing here. :ROTFL:

Rob

viablex1

Thanks. It's the Ballet Etudes of South Florida. I am the official photog.
really, I did not know that, I use to be the videographer for Millenium dance syndicate before we disbanded and I loved seeing ABT at the gleason when I was down that way. we used to put some modern shows on at New world school of the arts in miami. well on with the destruction!!

routlaw

...well on with the destruction!!
LOL, funny one!

Hard to believe such grandiose (at one time) buildings are thrown to the bone yards like the second image here. What ever it was must have been nice in its heyday.

Whats with the clothes image, was that in one of your destructed buildings?

Nice work Carlos!

Rob

viablex1

the first one is the fisher body plant, then Michigan central terminal, the clothes are left over in the packard for some reason...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Very smooth shot of South Pointe, Carlos. And man Viablex, you're like a magnet for that decrepit look. Amazing!

This is from some other direction. Playing with the lensbaby.