The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

jonoslack

Hi There, there are great picture threads on the Leica M and small sensor forums, this place is hotting up, so I thought I'd get one going here.

So, let's have pictures you think are funny, you're pleased with, or you think show some relevant point with respect to the hardware . . . . or anything else you fancy!

Here goes:

A wolf in sheep's clothing (D3 ISO 200 f6.3 24-70)
I'd like to think I would see it in my garden a bit more often, but it's just a courtesy car, and it's going back this afternoon.

Working Late (D3 6400 ISO f5.6 24-70)

Cash Crisis (D3 24-70, ISO 200

jonoslack

Here's a couple more rural shots:

Finger lickin' good (D3 70-300 1.640th f5.6)

(actually, he'd be as tough as an old boot)

Suffolk skies (D3 14-24 f6.3)

Chris C

Jono - Your thread was looking lonesome so I thought I'd reply and ask about using the i-mac. How do you find it for accurate picture editing? Has it turned out to be the right choice for the job? I really need a well spec'ed Mac Pro, I might have to live with an i-mac; in my case because of real cash crisis. [And which model i-mac is that?].

As an exiled Cornishman I'd like to thank you for not torturing me in this forum with pictures of Cornish beaches as you did in another place.

............. Chris

Damnit - I can sense you warming up to post Cornish pictures.......

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Here's one from a few days ago. Just testing my ability to focus a new lens acquisition on my daughter, my usual (though sometimes reluctant) test subject.

Kurt

jonoslack

Jono - Your thread was looking lonesome so I thought I'd reply and ask about using the i-mac. How do you find it for accurate picture editing? Has it turned out to be the right choice for the job? I really need a well spec'ed Mac Pro, I might have to live with an i-mac; in my case because of real cash crisis. [And which model i-mac is that?].

As an exiled Cornishman I'd like to thank you for not torturing me in this forum with pictures of Cornish beaches as you did in another place.

............. Chris

Damnit - I can sense you warming up to post Cornish pictures.......
Hi Chris
Thank you so much - I thought it was looking a little forlorn as well.
I really like my imac (I have the 24" with 4gb RAM). The screen is a great deal better than my rather elderly 23" apple cinema display.

the real answer is that I really like it, but perhaps I'm not terribly critical!

and yes, I am going to punish you for being so nice :angel:

Cape Cornwal (Olympus E3)

Chris C

..... I am going to punish you........Cape Cornwall........
Jono Jono Jono - You weren't to know, but I think of Cape Cornwall most days. The place haunts me and I'll be there in a shot if I ever get my finances better. Your picture shook me, but thank you anyway.

For those who don't know; Cornwall is the most South Westerly County of the UK mainland, it has an extraordinary coastline, and Cape Cornwall is very close to the the mainland's most Westerly point - Land's End. The latter is a tacky hell, Cape Cornwall is hardly known and just fabulous.

I tried to post a Cornish picture of my own Jono but Photoshop keeps crashing.

Aaaahhhhhh ............... the old country.........

........... Chris

jonoslack

Hi There
Sorry, I'm being slow on the uptake!
Greg:
I love the palms - great idea and nicely done, though I've no idea what the man made palm is?! The sultry girl is also wonderful - and sultry (what could be better).

Kurt:
delicate and sweet looking girl . . I think I've permanently damaged my boys by taking pictures of them! I love the composition, the slight tension and white block to counterbalance her face - all good stuff

Gromit my friend:
these are just great - mooning rules (lovely shots both of them)

Chris: Whereabouts in Cornwall did you live? I'll see if I can torment you some more!

Peter: Thanks for the congratulations, I'll try and do it justice (and vice versa I trust).

Reaching for the Sky: 17mm f6.3 (14-24)

Chris C

.... Whereabouts in Cornwall did you live? ....
Jono - Liskeard, South East Cornwall. About 8 miles in-land from Looe, and Polperro, about 3 miles from Bodmin Moor. I was at college for couple of years in Camborne, lived for a while in Portreath. I have unfinished work from Cornwall, here's an old Plaubel Makina 6x7 shot from Liskeard cattle market. [Fabulous rangefinder camera by the way, with a wonderful Nikon lens custom made for the Makina].

............. Chris

jonoslack

Hi Chris - have we had this discussion before at the other place (my memory is terrible).
Liskeard I don't know (I was brought up on St Ives). I did go to Camborne Tech for a year myself to finish off my A levels . . .

Greg Seitz

Hi There
Sorry, I'm being slow on the uptake!
Greg:
I love the palms - great idea and nicely done, though I've no idea what the man made palm is?! The sultry girl is also wonderful - and sultry (what could be better).

Hi Jono,

Love the Cape Cornwal shot! Where's the Nikon version! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Here's a shot of Cousin Itt from the Addams family and a contrasting shot taken by my sultry Daughter :ROTFL::

Her version of Cousin Itt and the rest of his family:

Chris C

... (I was brought up on St Ives). I did go to Camborne Tech for a year myself to finish off my A levels . . .
Jono - I have mentioned I was an exile, but I seriously doubt your memory could be worse than mine. Yep, me too - Camborne Tech to do appallingly at 'A' levels.

............. Chris

You will know this place then [this time Mamiya7].

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here's one, S3 and 80-200 AF-S @ 185mm and f/4.0. The guards tried to remove me from the location, but I was persistent, and ended up sitting more or less under the nose of that monster, taking photos still :)

Greg Seitz

Jono - Liskeard, South East Cornwall. About 8 miles in-land from Looe, and Polperro, about 3 miles from Bodmin Moor. I was at college for couple of years in Camborne, lived for a while in Portreath. I have unfinished work from Cornwall, here's an old Plaubel Makina 6x7 shot from Liskeard cattle market. [Fabulous rangefinder camera by the way, with a wonderful Nikon lens custom made for the Makina].

............. Chris
Chris,

Great shot! Love the way the gentleman has his head cocked just like his dogs! I guess he's picked up a few of their mannerisms...

Greg

jonoslack

Jono - I have mentioned I was an exile, but I seriously doubt your memory could be worse than mine. Yep, me too - Camborne Tech to do appallingly at 'A' levels.

............. Chris

You will know this place then [this time Mamiya7].
I certainly do know that place
we used to dive off the bandstand when we were kids to pick up pennies the tourists threw in.
They knocked down the lovely granite wall because the beatniks used to sit on it . . . and everything started flooding :LOL:

So, when were you at the dreaded Camborne Tech? (I asked first).

Last edited:

Chris C

Greg - Thank you, glad you like it - it's from a large body of work I can't get out.

..when were you at the dreaded Camborne Tech?
Jono - I guess it was 69-72. I've been trying in vain to post an image but only succeeded in wasting huge amounts of time. I'll look back later.

............... Chris