The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
DD - what great shots and a testimony for thinking out of the box, and using a wide lens, even a fish for macro stuff... gives a whole other view of these beautiful flowers, loved them....also great perspective, angle, one that is not seen too often...

jonoslack

DD - what great shots and a testimony for thinking out of the box, and using a wide lens, even a fish for macro stuff... gives a whole other view of these beautiful flowers, loved them....also great perspective, angle, one that is not seen too often...
I agree - great shots - I like using wide angle lenses for flowers (never tried a fisheye though!).

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The first title for this one was "Politician", but no... that could have been insulting to a hole group of..... oh, never mind.

S3 with 80-200 AF-S

jonoslack

Nearly finished!

Hi there
This is Emma's old 900 turbo S - it was one of the last two delivered in 1994, it's just had a complete rebuild, and it's looking GOOD! We can collect it next week. (just searching for the right wheels)

D3, 24-70 nikkor

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen
What a fab picture - congratulations!
Thanks, Jono. Lots of fun taking this one, with parrots crawling all over me while I tried to find out where the shutter release was :LOL:

Nice convertible. I always wished I had one of those. A bit too hot and/or sunny and/or rainy for that in this country though.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Good stuff here. Andree and Jono just taught me something new re flowers and wide angles. Stunning flower shots. Or Jorgens parakeet portrait, it's fabulous. Or that cowboy of Bob's, I'm speechless ... such lovely nails :D probably never saw a live horse in their entire life

jonoslack

Thanks Andree - we all learn something every day!

Now I'm going to teach you something else
DON'T AGREE TO LOOK AFTER SOMEBODY ELSE'S SHETLAND PONY.

This lovely creature (stoppy and unappealing) has the romantic name of India . . . but she is universally referred to as the 'Rat Pony' around here!

jonoslack

I'm still often gobsmacked by the D3 - these are just a couple of dreaded pet shots in the kitchen in the late afternoon. Boring perhaps, however, both were taken handheld with the 105 macro wide open on continuous autofocus.

This one is at 2800 ISO

This one is at 3600 ISO

they are both straight from aperture without any work done (certainly no noise reduction or anything like that) - to me the colour and life considering the ISO is quite remarkable.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
to me the colour and life considering the ISO is quite remarkable.
Jono,
If you continue like this, I'll have to put you on the "Censored" list due to unhealthy influence on my NAS.

The more photos you show, the clearer it becomes that the D3 is a must-have, and there's no way I can afford it right now (and buy a Sigma 100-300 to maintain the reach that the 80-200 has on DX... :scry: )