The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

deepdiver

Guys: please stop making me regret my lens choices! Now I shall have to try harder with what I have! Andree, what were the shot settings for the B&W image?
Hi etrigan63
I believe the EXIF is attached on that picture :)
I converted to BW on PS CS 2
I adjusted the contrast a little bit and the level a little bit.

Andree

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
It's 1/1600" at f/2.8 according to Exif
Andree, you really make that 85mm lens sing

jonoslack

shhh
just don't go on
Andree - she looks lovely - and I like the feisty expression.
Perlease stop using those zeiss lenses - want want want!

deepdiver

One more picture of her :D
EXIF attached as well
Nikon D3 + ZF 85/1.4 ^^

Jono : please buy this lens, it's really sweettt hahahhhaaa :p (poison mode ON)

Andree

jonoslack

Jono : please buy this lens, it's really sweettt hahahhhaaa :p (poison mode ON)

Andree
:mad::mad:
Actually Andree I'm immune to this one (at least for now), as I have the 105 nikkor, and I do like to have autofocus for that kind of focal length. I'm rather hoping that Nikon update their primes later on in the year - in the meantime, if I want something like that, then I can always use my M8 with the 75 'cron.

N

nei1

Itd be nice to know if fuji are going to change the chip this time,even so the s5 would make a great backup to the new one.

jonoslack

Possibly because there is a D300-based S7 in the works for Photokina?
Or possibly because they've realised that they can't really compete pricewise, and so they're clearing the decks before they start selling the sensors to someone else.

The S5 is lovely, but it's slow compared to the Nikon equivalents, and it's advantages with dynamic range and jpg quality have been eroded. I can't see how they can do it again and make a profit.

Last edited:

etrigan63

I will admit that the MF forum is "wretched hive of scum and villainy", tempting us mortals with their godly DR and divine bokehs. (The bikini shots help too):toocool:

Still, this group isn't far behind with all of the Zeiss pimping that happens here. :talk028:

Now you guys have me wondering about the CV 40mm pancake. Didn't we have a comparo thread a ways ago? :rolleyes:

Stuart Richardson

Well, don't forget about film. I got my Rollei 6008AF and 80mm AF lens for less than the cost of a new 5D (when they were new...). Just because it is medium format does not mean it is expensive. Medium format digital...well, that is another story altogether.

etrigan63

Out of curiosity, can some CV 40mm SL II owner please post a shot of the lens with the hood on? I cannot picture it from Stephen Gandy's description over at CameraQuest.

woodyspedden

Out of curiosity, can some CV 40mm SL II owner please post a shot of the lens with the hood on? I cannot picture it from Stephen Gandy's description over at CameraQuest.
Carlos

It is super hard to see because it is recessed into the lens. When I got the lens I actually called Stephen to tell him that he forgot to ship the hood. He got a kick out of that one.

Anyway the hood is tiny and totally unobtrusive.

Woody