The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Arne,
Your pano is beautiful. Jack has mentioned that attachments are sized down to 900 pixels (I believe). If you download to the gallery, then post the link (that is at the bottom of your picture) into the thread, one will be able to view the entire 1500 pixel photo when they click on it. I found that if I attached photos that were bigger than the 900 pixels, they had artifacts when viewed...this does not happen when I put them in the gallery first.
Jono, That Blue is such a cute beast. Love the shot.
Andree, What program did you use for the HDR photo?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Then on the other hand, not everybody wear a face-mask, a raincoat or a helmet. For some, half the fun seems to be to get as wet as possible. In his position, I think I wouldn't care ;)

D80 @ ISO800, 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0, 1/60s. Sorry if the colours are a bit washed out :ROTFL:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Another great shot Jorgen. I can't believe they're barefoot on a scooter! And can we assume that you are also getting soaked while taking the shot?

Arne Hvaring

Arne,
Your pano is beautiful. Jack has mentioned that attachments are sized down to 900 pixels (I believe). If you download to the gallery, then post the link (that is at the bottom of your picture) into the thread, one will be able to view the entire 1500 pixel photo when they click on it. I found that if I attached photos that were bigger than the 900 pixels, they had artifacts when viewed...this does not happen when I put them in the gallery first

Thank you Cindy, very useful info that I wasn't aware of. I just posted the pano in the Gallery, it shows as a 1200 pixels image. Still much better than here. I'll keep this in mind when posting large photos.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Arne,
I happened to question this because I was posting 1200 pixel images as attachments. They looked properly sharpened on my monitor, but looked really crunchy and over-sharpened when they appeared here. Jack said that the forum software is not adding sharpening.... but it seems to add artifacts when it down-samples.
I'll check out your image in the gallery.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Today, I visited my camera-pusher, just to see if he was well. And he was. He told me that he received 50 Fuji S5 three weeks ago. "That was a lot", I said, "how are you going to get rid of all of those". "No problem", said he, "I've sold all but 4 already". :bugeyes:

So now, I'm the lucky owner of a pink piece of paper, saying "Deposit paid.... bla, bla, bla.... Total price: the equivalent of $1,000 or thereabout."

I'll pick it up in two weeks, after a friend of mine has bought my beloved Zuiko 11-22mm :cry:

Here's a photo just to demonstrate that I really need this (yeah, right :rolleyes: ). From the D80 and 85mm f/1.8, overexposed with blown highlights and all. Would neeeeever happen with a Fuji, or at least, that's what I want to believe at the moment :LOL:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Jorgen,
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
I think you would make wonderful photos with any camera, but the Fuji does seem to fit your style. Congratulations on the soon to arrive S5.

jonoslack

I'll pick it up in two weeks, after a friend of mine has bought my beloved Zuiko 11-22mm :cry:
THAT is a mistake - I sold mine about 2 years ago, and I've always regretted it. Better to sell your D80 (or your grandmother).

Love the rain shot - I love summer rain - preferably in shorts and a tee-shirt with an E3 over my shoulder!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
THAT is a mistake - I sold mine about 2 years ago, and I've always regretted it. Better to sell your D80 (or your grandmother).

Love the rain shot - I love summer rain - preferably in shorts and a tee-shirt with an E3 over my shoulder!
Jono, that makes sense. I don't really need 3 Nikon bodies, and the S3 will do fine as a backup for the S5. I'll sleep on it :)

D80 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.8

S

sebasco

Hi,

Just registered today. Like many others, I own both an M8 and a Nikon D300.

Am enclosing 2 fun pics taken recently. One is of two kids looking at my son's graduating class while they played ultimate frisbee. One asked who they were. I said high school kids at a picnic celebrating their graduation. He replied "I want to graduate too" as I snapped the photo.

The other was taken at night from the deck of the Otesaga Resort in Cooperstown during a recent cycling trip.

Enjoy & thanks to all for the help you constantly provide. Am not sure I uploaded correctly; we'll see.

Ed

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Welcome to the friendliest photography forum on earth, sebasco. It's a great place to find friends.

Here's a contribution from me again. Same everything :sleep006: , Hanoi/D80/85mm:

etrigan63

Couple of quick shots from a Hawaiian themed birthday party. The parents hired hula dancers to entertain the kids. Beats a clown any day...