The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

etrigan63

Hi,

Just registered today. Like many others, I own both an M8 and a Nikon D300.

Am enclosing 2 fun pics taken recently. One is of two kids looking at my son's graduating class while they played ultimate frisbee. One asked who they were. I said high school kids at a picnic celebrating their graduation. He replied "I want to graduate too" as I snapped the photo.

The other was taken at night from the deck of the Otesaga Resort in Cooperstown during a recent cycling trip.

Enjoy & thanks to all for the help you constantly provide. Am not sure I uploaded correctly; we'll see.

Ed
As Jorgen said, welcome aboard. Have no fear asking questions here. You are among friends. There are no stupid questions, only unasked ones.

deepdiver

Hi guys, last sunday I went to a rubber plantation,
took a picture of this
Nikon D50 + ZF 25/2.8

I don't the name of this thing in English, can anyone help me?
Thx You

Andree

D

dlew308

A shot from a vendor selling stuff at the Santa Monica pier...the turtle is in the way sadly..

etrigan63

Technically, the tube thingy is the tap. The bucket is a bucket. No special name. In English, a tap is any sort of device that releases fluids from a sealed container. Barrels & kegs are tapped to grant access to the fluids stored inside (usually wine or beer). Maple and other species of trees are tapped to access the sap which is turned into something useful (or yummy in the case of maple).

Heck, when someone has excess fluid build up in the body, doctors use a surgical tap to drain the fluids off. Had that happen to me once. Now I know what a being a beer keg feels like! :D

jonoslack

You don't get the same calibre of bridesmaid these days:

Some of the guests are too conscientious:

(who could she be talking to)

A couple of hours later:

(who could she be talking to).

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That last one is great, Jono. Reminds me of some British film from the 50's. Coming to think of it, it reminds me of all British films from the 50's :LOL:

Here's a family portrait, monkeys at the zoo watching photographers. D80 with Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 @ f/4 and Tamron 1.4x

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
One more. D80 with the 105 Micro plus 1.4x again (got to buy that 135mm....). No pp, just cropped to 90% and reduced to web-size (bicubic sharper).

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
That last one is great, Jono. Reminds me of some British film from the 50's. Coming to think of it, it reminds me of all British films from the 50's :LOL:

Here's a family portrait, monkeys at the zoo watching photographers. D80 with Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 @ f/4 and Tamron 1.4x

:ROTFL: Look at that little one! So cute.... I love this capture.

jonoslack

Hi There Jorgen
Love family day - but 'rest' is even better.
AS for the 50's films, the quote:
"you might very well think so; but I couldn't possibly comment"
comes from a 90's political drama in the UK:
House of Cards
if you haven't seen it, then you really should, it's readily available on DVD and very very good (both frightening funny and very very gripping).

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jono,
I recognised the quote, so I must have seen it, but I only remember vaguely. I'll look out for it. Can't hurt to see it again. I do like British films from the 50s and early 60s btw. There were some real personalities around then.

Thank you for the comments. I had to think before I took the second one. Not the kind of motive that I usually "see".

jonoslack

Jono,
I recognised the quote, so I must have seen it, but I only remember vaguely. I'll look out for it. Can't hurt to see it again. I do like British films from the 50s and early 60s btw. There were some real personalities around then.

Thank you for the comments. I had to think before I took the second one. Not the kind of motive that I usually "see".
Hi Jorgen
Lovely gentle colours I thought - fine composition, almost abstract. Definitely a winner!

As for 50s and 60s british movies - I agree - all those lovely Ealing comedies (Kind Hearts and Coronets, the Ladykillers). We got a bunch of them on video a few years back, and the kids know them all off by heart.

House of Cards is definitely worth another visit (three series I think). The other BBC winner (80's I think) was the Edge of Darkness (did you see that?)