The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

jonoslack

Lisa, Jorgen and Arne
thank you so much for the kind words, it's really welcome because, when we first moved here I thought it impossible to photograph.

Cindy - isn't that cheapo 70-300 a great lens - I like the second shot as well, a bit of highlight recovery might bring back some detail in the white flowers?

jonoslack

My Neice and her family came to stay for the weekend.

This is Oliver

D3 with voigtlander 58mm f1.4 @f3.5 (what a lovely little lens it is).

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Cindy, that second one is a beauty :)

Jono, there is arable land in Thailand too, lots of it, but if these guys have it their way, I wonder for how long :(

D80 with Micro Nikkor 105 AF-D

David K

Workshop Member
Florida Keys

From a recent trip to the Keys... Couldn't bring my MF kit with me but I think the D3 more than held it's own.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Re: Florida Keys

From a recent trip to the Keys... Couldn't bring my MF kit with me but I think the D3 more than held it's own.
:clap::clap::clap:

Both photos are stunning! The first one keeps drawing me back for another look.

Wow, the Florida Keys and the D3...that is close to heaven!

David K

Workshop Member
Re: Florida Keys

:clap::clap::clap:

Both photos are stunning! The first one keeps drawing me back for another look.

Wow, the Florida Keys and the D3...that is close to heaven!
Cindy, thanks for the kind words and yes, the Keys are magnificent. Now that getting to the Bahamas via boat has gotten SO expensive (translate that to $6.50 per gallon gas over there), the Keys are becoming a much more attractive alternative. The shot on the dock had more than a touch of dumb luck involved but it's probably my favorite image from the trip. Reminds me of something I've seen somewhere but can't put my finger on it. For some reason the New Yorker magazine keeps coming to mind. I'm sure it will come to me when I'm not trying so hard to remember.

jonoslack

Jono,
Please share with me how you lit this lovely portrait?:thumbup:
HI Cindy
Should I give away all my secrets? How much is it worth?
Oh, Okay - it was lit with . . . . . wait for it . . . . sunshine :)
I'm really not good at formal portraits, and I prefer natural light anyway.
Glad you like it though - thank you.

David - I love the first of the Keys shots - excellent.
Jorgen - the diggers are priceless - how much did you have to pay the drivers to line up like that?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wow, been gone a while and just made it through the rest of this thread... Have to say there are a bunch of really excellent images here. Kudos to all and thanks for sharing them!

:thumbs:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Geez, you new-big-sensor-Nikon owners are having all the fun! Just to mix things up, here's a shot from a couple of years ago after I just started using my then new D2Xs. Seems like a long time ago in camera-development time.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jono. Nope, on the ground at an air show. The pilot made a low pass. Love the sound of those prop planes.

jonoslack

Ah well
I had visions of you on a flying tractor!

Here's another landscape from Friday

if you take the left turn you'll get to Magpie Green
If you take the right turn, it's up spooky old wash lane to Wortham Long Green.

Nikon D3 with 14-24 lens at 15mm, 1/1600 at F8, daylight white balance, processed in Aperture with a little bit of Viveza magic