The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

woodyspedden

some pics with
Nikon D50 + Voigtlander Ultron 40/2

Crop 100%

Grill Fish...!! Yummy

Andree :)
I find the little CV 40 Ultron a very good lens and a super walkabout kit. On the D300, where the EFOV is 60mm it is ideal for a days shoot without backbreaking weight. Voightlander needs to be commended (by buying their products!) for producing this lens, the wonderful 58 1.4 and all those for our M8's. Proves you don't have to spend the megabucks to get a great kit.

Woody

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Last weekend, I went with some friends to watch the sunset from one of our favourite seafood restaurants. For some reason, the sun wasn't there, but we were, and the sea was there too :)

D80 with Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's funny how the obvious escapes us sometimes. I've been visiting my father every weekend for more than seven years, but only yesterday, I was able to think of the idea of taking a photo of him. My brain is rather slow sometimes :rolleyes:

So here he is, captured with the D80 and 85mm f/1.8 @ f/1.8. Light from two windows, one behind him and one to my right, and his office lamp reflected in the desk.

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
That's a very lovely portrait, Jorgen.
Even the lighting is good despite the somewhat difficult lighting angles.

jonoslack

Nothing like a good father picture!
This was take with a D1X in the front window of the Turks Head in St Agnes (Isles of Scilly). 1/15th f4.8 - 26th May 2003. He was 84, and I guess it was the last family holiday. He died last summer after a long, splendid and happy life (the last 4 years weren't so great).

So, Jorgen - thank you for posting your picture of your father, as it reminded me of this one of mine, for me, it's the best picture I have of him in his old age, strong, thoughtful, intelligent and absolutely honest (he was also a fine photographer).

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
My Father,
He heated our week-end place with a wood fire.
All of his firewood was cut and split by himself.
He was a surgeon-in-chief as his day job, but just dad to me.
View attachment 6198
Tri-X Some Nikon Film body (maybe the F3HP)
Scanned with a Nikon 5000ED
seems like a hundred years ago... but I remember taking this picture
-bob

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hmmm.... I woke up this morning and decided that this could be improved. 10 minutes in Photoshop which made me wonder: what is more important, a good lens or good Photoshop skills?

Maarten

Jorgen,

I think the photoshop skills are good already. Just need to use them :lecture:.

I like the result. A more "pronounce" photo.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
at first I didn't recognize your hand at all ... :rolleyes:

here are two backlit

a greenish ...

... and a reddish

D300 • ZF 1.4/50mm (despite the exif says 85mm, I forgot to change the setting, so amateurish)

Last edited: