The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Terry

I had a fun weekend sort of...fun with friends...not fun finding that my water problem wasn't from a leak on the roof (after getting a new roof) but rather a leak in a sprinkler pipe....anyway definitely not as much fun as Jono.....

My friend's daughter
D700 58mm Voigtlander at f1.4 ISO 550
View attachment 6787

D700 58mm Voigtlander at f1.4 ISO 4000 (even with the extraordinary high ISO on the camera having a fast lens still comes in handy - and is a must)
View attachment 6788

V

Vivek

Vivek, excellent shots, the first would have been great even without the IR! Used to do some IR back in the film days, but haven't tried it with digital. What are we talking about exposure wise (sensitivity)?
Arne, Sensitivity is quite good. The D80-IR has a Hoya R-72 filter in place of the AA/IR cut filters. It is either the same or -1 to 2 eV depending on the scene and the light. Thanks.

I was away for a brief while. Here are some (out of a few thousands) from Barcelona (D300).

jonoslack

definitely not as much fun as Jono.....

D700 58mm Voigtlander at f1.4 ISO 4000 (even with the extraordinary high ISO on the camera having a fast lens still comes in handy - and is a must)
View attachment 6788

Hey, Terry!
That guy's lost his shirt?!:eek:
Friend of yours?

The little girl is lovely . . and so is the shot.

. . . seriously, nice shots both

Terry

Yes Jono he did lose his shirt....not sure that he would appreciate my posting it. We are out in Arizona and it is hot, hot, hot! I did like the light though.....next up I was playing with Guy's "old" 180mm lens and then I added the Canon 250D close up lens....

f6.3
View attachment 6789

f4.5
View attachment 6790

f18
This isn't very interesting Just thought I would show a few non macro but close-up lens examples.....
View attachment 6791

Last edited:

Terry

Jono - liked the series although her eye looks better behind the mirror!!!!! :ROTFL:

The mask is hillarious not just for the masks sake but what on earth has he done to his beard!

V

Vivek

Hi Vivek - the others are all fine, but this one is completely fab . . . (the girl is quite pretty as well - friend?).
Jono, You were not moved by the nice, artsy, church pics I posted?:eek:

That girl is a bit young to be my friend and when I was her age (she looks to be <20), all my friends were book worms.:eek:

The reason I noticed her was the camera she was using to make photos of her grumpy boyfriend or husband (only his elbow is visible. Trust me, he wasn't photogenic:D). Look closely (I could post a 900pixel wide crop of the cam alone but that would not be very interesting) at the attached picture. I suggested to her to mount the hood properly on the lens for better results.:ROTFL:

Barcelona is a fabulous place. Absolutely fantastic light, friendly folks and some pretty faces as well. Highly recommended for photography.:thumbs:
(Guy and Jack should move their workshops there!)

Terry, Thanks. I am enjoying your fun with your new cam.

I will post more once I find space to park my images securely...:)

robmac

Nice shots all.

There were church pictures?

My 20 yr old female friends NEVER looked like that young lady. Not by a LONG shot. Actually, now that I think of it, neither did my 30 yr old friends... sad really.

Oh well, at least you're not her Mom or Dad listening to her process her love every night for some rat-faced Gumby.

Terry - the 180/2.8 has got to be one of the best bargains in Nikon land.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
So many great photos on this thread. Here's a humble contribution from me, from one of my three days in Norway. D80 with 70-300 ED.

V

Vivek

..a couple more from Barcelona. This place is a photographer's haven!

AF malfunction (50/1.8 on D300)- times like this made me miss my RF gear (not this one shot though!)

V

Vivek

A couple of more pretty locals (tourists can be spotted from their dresses)..:)

90% all the pics I made were using the 50/1.8 AF and D300. The pics I posted are jpgs resized.

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
What a terrific serendipitous mistake!!!! A great abstract to say the least, definitely "wall worthy".....love it....

V

Vivek

Stuart, The locals really dress well.

they start early (the parents spoke Catalan) :)

and have some classy shops.;)

the majority of the tourists we encountered were Spanish, among the foreigners, Germans, Dutch/Belgians, Japanese, Brittish, Middle eastern and Chinese. Only one American (a big fellow from Iowa) we talk to was actually going to be working there (we helped him out with the language bit at a local market).

In all, most English speaking folks were British, Aussies, New Zealanders and fewer N.Americans.

V

Vivek

Don't know the nationality of this fellow..

Cindy and Don, Thanks. :)

Jorgen, Thanks! I did use the 70-300 AF-D ED lens (mostly for IR). Great lens to pack for travel.

etrigan63

The mesh on the tower (used to keep debris from falling on pedestrians while the tower is refinished) makes it look like a giant monument to beekeepers.