The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If you think that a canoe is a funny, little boat, moving at a leisurely pace around a pond, just watch it when 55 Thai professionals go flat out down Chao Praya river.

D80 with 80-200 AF-S and Tamron TC 1.4x @ 280mm and f/5.0).

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
they are all very good, but especially that black-and-white Reflection image is just soo good :thumbup:

V

Vivek

It has been a while.. Jorgen good show! I love the boat race shots.

I also like Carlos' "Target" parking lot shot. Lovely catch!

Whatever happened to Jono?

I am throwing in a mix here. In the past several days things have been a bit chaotic..

Gaudi's "Apartment", Barcelona

An IR capture of an audition

A stink bug macro, ~1.2X

A Fluorescence capture

I did say Chaotic!:eek:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Steen and Vivek.

Lovely photo from the Gaudi apartment, Vivek. I like they way you combine seemingly unrelated people into one group, as if connected by destiny for a fraction of a second, never to be separated again, except for outside of the photo, but we don't know about that, do we? The outside world, I mean, the real one.

Nothing of importance is happening there, is it?

V

Vivek

If I put any words to that picture, wouldn't restrict your thoughts? ;)

The Hague, D300, Sigma 30/1.4

Thanks, Jorgen.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If I put any words to that picture, wouldn't restrict your thoughts? ;)
Words or no words is always a question. I always give my photos a title, and sometimes there's a story. Do they represent restrictions? Possibly. But words can also be very non-descriptive, and add confusion rather than explanation :)

V

Vivek

OK, Jorgen, you want a caption?

Decisive Scratch

How does that sound? :D

V

Vivek

Whatever she was thinking, she appears to have telepathic powers!:D

Here is an attempted "stealth" photography (and utter failure due to a conspicuous DSLR). :ROTFL:

Stealth Mode Failure
D80-IR, 50/1.8

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That's a manuscript for the three hour drama: "I have conquered this woman, and she's mine." In the final act, she'll leave him and run away with her art teacher, who later turns out to be gay, and so on...

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
That's a manuscript for the three hour drama: "I have conquered this woman, and she's mine." In the final act, she'll leave him and run away with her art teacher, who later turns out to be gay, and so on...
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
She looks very self-assured. I'm sure that she can take care of herself.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
There are ups and downs in this life, many of each.

D80 with Tamron 24-135 @ 24mm, f/3.5 and 1/10s (Hence the motion blur, which adds to or detracts from the image. Not sure about that yet. I would have upped the ISO and taken a couple more, but the guard was closing in on me, with the intention of telling me not to take photos, so I left, unable to fulfill my intention :( ).

etrigan63

Sad to hear they do that sort of nonsense at malls in Asia as well. We have some very scenic open air malls here in South Florida but the guards are very over-wrought. They think I am casing the stores with my camera rigs. I assure them that thieves don't use higher end Nikons or Leicas to prepare for villainy. Camera phones are usually enough for them (the smarter ones anyway).