The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

D

ddk

If you ever wonder what it takes, here is one who has the answer ;)

D80 with 80-200mm AF-S @ 92mm and f/3.5

Jorgen, you have to do a book or at least a website with all your images of Asia!

There are lots of people doing landscapes, people, poverty, sex scene, foods, architecture, etc. of Asia, mostly serious and often grim. To my knowledge no one else is shooting the lighter side of life there with such a humorous tone as yours. What you're doing is wonderful, a tribute to the resilience and fun loving nature of the people there in the midst of total chaos and absurdity of life. Its a rare eye to see things your way!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yesterday, 5 December 2008, the Thai people celebrated the 81st birthday of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej. With all the turbulence during the last weeks, it's easy to understand that this was an important day for many.

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/2.8

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, you have to do a book or at least a website with all your images of Asia!

There are lots of people doing landscapes, people, poverty, sex scene, foods, architecture, etc. of Asia, mostly serious and often grim. To my knowledge no one else is shooting the lighter side of life there with such a humorous tone as yours. What you're doing is wonderful, a tribute to the resilience and fun loving nature of the people there in the midst of total chaos and absurdity of life. Its a rare eye to see things your way!
David,
Your kind comments are much appreciated. I will give your suggestion some thought, and see what I can manage :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
No birthday without a dance performance.

Next to one of the temples at the village of Bang Plee, a stage had been constructed, so that the local kids, and later some not so local singers, could show what they had learned in school last week :)

S5 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/3.2

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The not so locals. See the camera phones in the bottom of the picture? Artists in Thailand love to be photographed, and it's often encouraged from the stage. The artists belong to the people (and to the record company), and there's a never ending love/love relationship between the two.

S5 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.5

Last edited:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Beautiful birthday shot, Jorgen.
I didn't know that Bhumibol Adulyadejs birthday is the same day as Guy's, wonder if Bhumibol Adulyadej knows that ?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Beautiful birthday shot, Jorgen.
I didn't know that Bhumibol Adulyadejs birthday is the same day as Guy's, wonder if Bhumibol Adulyadej knows that ?
He probably doesn't but he used to be a very enthusiastic amateur photographer (and Canon user), so I'm sure they would have had something to talk about if they met for a birthday photo session. The King was born in the USA as well btw., but on the east coast (in Boston).

Stuart Richardson

Here are some photos I took last night. I went to photograph the aurora, but it was not that strong, so I went to a semi-abandoned whaling station. It was quite spooky. I used a D3 and the 17-35mm lens, and in some photos I used an LED flashlight to add light.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Jorgen, in that case I'm sure Bhumi knows all about the identical birthday date :)

Stuart, your icelandic starstudies are completely stunning, as usual. And I spotted the whaler, as well as the whale :eek:

s.agar

A few photos from Istanbul taken today. The sun rays were on the Galata tower and its neighborhood briefly. Enough time to try the Zeiss 50mm f1.4 on the D700.

Seyhun

JimCollum

D3, iso 12,800, 70-200/2.8 lens (taken at 140mm, f2.8)
processed in C1 and then Sliver Efex for the b/w conversion

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Great shots with a great lens of a great city, Seyhun. I especially like the last image of the backlit gulls.
Oh, by the way, also a great collection of gear I must say :bugeyes:

s.agar

Thanks. Indeed Istanbul is a paradise for photographers.
If I can ever retire, I will try to make the final arrangements to exhibit the camera collection. I think it's very interesting even when compared to many museums in Europe that I have seen. I also try to use these, if I can fit some film, and it's great fun.

Seyhun

Great shots with a great lens of a great city, Seyhun. I especially like the last image of the backlit gulls.
Oh, by the way, also a great collection of gear I must say :bugeyes:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Seyhun,
Great photos indeed, particularly the gulls. Maybe I should try to visit Istanbul on the way to Europe next time :)