The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Staying in Thailand when it's warm is no problem. But what to do on those cold winter mornings, when the temperature goes down towards freezing 20 degrees (Celsius plus, NOT minus)?

While this may be a problem for many people, it's a great pleasure to launch the 2009 winter fashion for photographers who have to suffer those cold, Thai winter mornings :toocool:

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8

A

asabet

I was trying out the ZF 35/2 at f/2 close to the minimum focusing distance this afternoon:

Crop:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Beautiful photograph, Jorgen.
Thank you Amin. It was a very spontaneous shot, with around three and a half seconds of preparation, and the smallest of the two girls did what she could to spoil it, but that's one of the charming sides of children, isn't it :LOL:

jonoslack

Thank you Amin. It was a very spontaneous shot, with around three and a half seconds of preparation, and the smallest of the two girls did what she could to spoil it, but that's one of the charming sides of children, isn't it :LOL:
It's bloody brilliant Jorgen - maybe you could improve the rythmn by tilting slightly to the right, but the little blurry hand is the last detail to a perfect photograph.

i find it terribly irritating that you're so damned good. (I wish I wish)
:p

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It's bloody brilliant Jorgen - maybe you could improve the rythmn by tilting slightly to the right, but the little blurry hand is the last detail to a perfect photograph.

i find it terribly irritating that you're so damned good. (I wish I wish)
:p
Thanks a lot Jono. Funny that you mention the tilt. I did consider adjusting it. I didn't do it though, and the tilt as well as the crop is as captured.

Still, I have a long way to go, but hopefully, I will become even more irritating in the future :p

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Amin,
That's really great. Love the composition and his concentration. He seems to be out on a mission :)

Ummm.... is that the D700Xs Mark II with the new, compact 24mm f/1.2 he's holding? I didn't know that was released yet ;)

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Have had a couple of weeks to work on my SW USA trip images, thought I would post a couple of more, taken with D300 and Tokina 12-24mm lens...fwiw.

A

asabet

Thanks Jorgen! Oliver's camera is sweet. Binocular style dual finders, enough eye relief for any specs, and built to take a tumble down a flight of stairs every once and a while. My younger son Philip loves his as well and regularly gives it a durability testing :).