The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Stuart Richardson

outstanding Erik! The ones of the police in the riot gear and gas masks are positively Orwellian. Your demonstrations seem really intense over there! I have not seen anything like that here...do you have a large Palestinian and Jewish community over there? I think Iceland took in a number of Iraqi refugees, but I am not sure about Palestinians...

Erik Five

outstanding Erik! The ones of the police in the riot gear and gas masks are positively Orwellian. Your demonstrations seem really intense over there! I have not seen anything like that here...do you have a large Palestinian and Jewish community over there? I think Iceland took in a number of Iraqi refugees, but I am not sure about Palestinians...
Thanks. There isnt a big community of either I think. Sure there are some of both, but I think that lots of the people that was there in the support of the Israel´is was hardcore christians from our "bible belt" in the west. There were about 200-300 of them. When it comes to ProPalestinians I think everyone that condemns what Isreal has done the last week came to support. Lots of muslims of course, but plenty of all. The trouble makers werent palestinians. Only 1 of 45 people that was arrested was from Palestine. The majority of the trouble makers is just people that dont botter at all whats going on in the middle east. They just want to trash stuff and fight the police. A bunch of morrons.

Stuart Richardson

Yeah, that has been my experience with civil disobedience in general. The kind of people who break things, throw things and destroy property are not the people who actually care about what is going on. They just want an excuse to destroy stuff. The protests against the government here were like that. There were plenty of people who were legitimately angry and protesting, but the people egging the parliament, burning stuff and throwing food, smashing windows etc were almost entirely teenage boys or guys in their early 20s. Overall though, it was quite tame here. I may have posted these, but here are a couple from then...

You can see here how teenage boys are at the frontlines...

While the women and older people tend to take a more passive approach:

Erik Five

One of the newspapers here is saying that troublemakers from Sweden and Denmark is on their way up for a protest tomorrow at 14.00. Ill hopefully make it. I just need to get a helmet first. The guy next to me got a rock in his back yesterday.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Great photos Erik!

Unfortunately, troublemaking seems to be the new rage, and in addition to the physical destruction, these guys also hurt whatever worthy cause the show "interest" in. Isn't there some deserted island somewhere were those guys could fight each other?

Stuart Richardson

I went out to photograph tonight, but Iceland decided to be Iceland. Though it looks like snow in the photos, it was around .5 degrees C, so it was more like rain/snow or slush. It immediately turned to water on whatever it touched. This with a 20-30mph wind meant I had to stick to the weatherproofed lens and the D3. But my metz flash (with leica sca module) is not weatherproof, and it went a little crazy. I forgot to set second curtain as well. It did bring out the snow rather vividly though.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Stuart,
Whatever you forgot to set, that first one is perfect.

Oh, and btw., it's freezing cold here as well. Under 20 C last night.... shrug :eek:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Fender fun? I like the second one the most, but think I would have liked to see more of the rope. Then it would have consisted of three elements. Now, it's more like two and a half. Lovely contrast between the sharp, wooden structure and the oof background though :)

jonoslack

Just popped in.
Lots of Lovelies.
Jorgen - you're disgusting - how you can get soooo many good shots is a mystery to me, and slightly disturbing . . . I think you need a slap.

Terry, your new year shots are completely fab, congratulations.

Bondo, the colours on your fender shots are gorgeous.

Right - now it's time for bed.

Hugs for all

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Just popped in.
Lots of Lovelies.
Jorgen - you're disgusting - how you can get soooo many good shots is a mystery to me, and slightly disturbing . . . I think you need a slap.

Terry, your new year shots are completely fab, congratulations.

Bondo, the colours on your fender shots are gorgeous.

Right - now it's time for bed.

Hugs for all
Thanks Jono. The world is disturbing. I'm just a part of the general order :)

Terry,
I keep getting back to your new year shots. They get better every time I look at them :) :)

Terry

Thanks Jono. The world is disturbing. I'm just a part of the general order :)

Terry,
I keep getting back to your new year shots. They get better every time I look at them :) :)
My friends whose wedding I was at keep saying want these "blown up big" I keep trying to tell them the files are dreadful. :eek:

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Thanks all, and Jorgen you are absolutely right about the rope, but the quay was in the way unless I had lied down on the wet and dirty ground.
:lecture: I know my approach should be to be prepared to do whatever it takes to get the shot :D

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Some people, mostly men of course, have this strange idea that it makes sense to sail around the world on some kind of raft made mostly of carbon-fibre and carbon-fibre.

When many men do this together, it's called the Volvo Ocean Race, and it's tough and spectacular, even when they are not moving.

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.5