The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

jonoslack

Thanks for the tips Vivek. Question, can aperture priority be used by stopping the lens down? The D300 has a little exposure meter on the top display that helps a lot.
HI Carlos
just butting in. I use the G1 on aperture priority all the time. As you reduce the aperture the EVF gains up, and the exposure is calculated accordingly - it works best (IMHO) on aperture priority. You still don't have to do any stopping down or anything else before shooting - just press the shutter release when you've got it right.

etrigan63

Jono, I never consider your opinion to be "butting in". I highly value your wisdom and experience, sir. Everyone here is my teacher, and I your humble student.

Stuart Richardson

hahaha, I would not like to run into that thing in a dark alley...birds are a bit too close to dinosaurs for me (says the son of the ornithologist).

Here are a few from this weekend.

Leica 77

Hello Stuart in Iceland,
Your images are absolutely fantastic! My radiologist travels to Iceland every year and he takes beautiful photos using his Nikon D2X. Best regards. Leica 77

gromitspapa

Rode my bike out to Crockett to catch the late afternoon light on the C&H plant before the weather goes to rain. Hard to get a good angle on it.

The old & new Carquinez Bridges:

All my rides lately seem to start or end with barnyard animals lately...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That last one is so bucolic! It is like a John Constable painting with that cow in the front striking the pose.
My thought as well. It reminds me of a painting from my childhood.

I like the sugar factory also, but it would have been even better if you could chop down the bushes in the front.

Last edited:
V

Vivek

There are no golden rules, no rule of thirds or others that I can't remember anyway. The only rule is: become a part of the scene, see the scene as it sees itself. Become a participant, not a bystander. It takes time sometimes, learning to think like a glass of coke, but other than that, it's mostly a question of relaxing and letting go.

That's the way I do it anyway. It works for me. No idea if it works for others :confused:
That is the way I wish to do it and fail often! Good post, Jorgen!:)

Amin

Beautiful, Stuart. The first one looks like the building is on fire with the associated clouds resembling plumes of smoke.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very nice lighting in the first two, viablex (is that a name??), particularly the basement.

Ummm... didn't they forget to buy furniture for that church?

---

Thanks Vivek. It's the passion within us that makes us take photos, the good ones, don't you think :)

Amin

It doesn't take much snow to sled when dad is pulling you :). Nikon 85/1.4 at f/1.4 on D700:

Picking frozen flowers for mom (85/1.4 at f/4):

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Amin, You really captured the joy from your son in the first one and you nailed the focus on these (which isn't easy with children.;))