The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Viablex. It took me almost all day. That was hole 17 :)
It will be used for the front page of a magazine, which was also the purpose of the composition.

Rob,
That last one is very nice. Love the transition from the warm foreground to the cold background.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
and your 17-50 Tamron rocks as well, seems to be a very nice lens
I like the rendering, especially the rendering of the backlit oof background in the Refreshments shot
nice pic :thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you Bondo.

I'm extremely impressed with that lens, bokeh, sharpness as well as colours. When I consider the price (it was just over $350 for a new one), it must be the best value I've had on any camera gear ever. I don't know if it's just my copy or the lens in general, but with a lens like that, any thoughts about buying a camera where it can't be fitted, have been shelved for the time being.

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Viablex. Much appreciated :)

I went for a stroll downtown last night. The decorations from the Chinese New Year celebrations are still up. This one from Wad Yannawa in New Road. S5 with the Tamron @ 29mm and f/3.5. No editing whatsoever except resizing with "Sharper" option. The S5 and Tamron combo makes my life so easy :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Jorgen, I really like the 12 waiting. And the consistent quality of the light in your images is uniquely "yours". A signature style that's very attractive. Lots of shooters hunt forever looking for a unique style, but yours seems to come naturally.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks, both of you. I guess I do spend a lot of time "chasing the light". More probably than looking for motives. The motives usually appear sooner or later anyway, but if I'm in the wrong position in relation to the light, it's not as rewarding taking the photo.

routlaw

Re: Fun Pictures with Nikon, some ghost towns

Thought I might post a few images done earlier this year with the D3 of various ghost towns. Hope you can enjoy.

Rob

Bannack State Park, Montana
24mm PC-E Lens

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
:ROTFL:
There sure are,
Looks like where I went to school, although it has been spruced up a bit.
-bob

routlaw

:ROTFL:
There sure are,
Looks like where I went to school, although it has been spruced up a bit.
-bob
Oh thats too funny, sort of like... "had to walk to school in the snow and freezing rain barefoot everyday"

Yes Jorgan out here in the western states there are quite a few ghost towns in varying conditions of course. These two are very well preserved relatively speaking. Mind you they are spread out all over the place given that our "backyard" is rather large out west.

One of the interesting things about Bannack other than it being Montana's first territorial capitol was it still had residents up until 1973. Probably hard to appreciate this until you visit the place, but it blew my mind learning this.

Thanks

Rob