The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

simonclivehughes

Here's an image from a ramble in the woods this afternoon. The light was filtering through the surrounding trees and lighting up this conifer.

View attachment 12995

Nikon D300 with 18-200mm, processed in ACR, CS4 & Silver Efex Pro.

Cheers,

Last edited:

etrigan63

How do you like Topaz Adjust? I've used the trial versions and never could get anything I like out of them. I just don't want to fork over the cash that Lucis Art asks for its plugin.

simonclivehughes

Carlos,

To be honest, I'm really not sure how much use it will get. It seems to have, for my tastes at least, limited settings that I'd use with any great regularity. While I quite like creating "art" rather than straight reportage, this particular look is easily overused.

Cheers,

etrigan63

Having been taught by Catholic nuns, it's been a while since I've seen one fully frocked. They usually were normal clothing nowadays (at least the Sisters of Mercy do here in Florida anyway). Great shot.

This reminds me of a funny true story that happened at the Winn Dixie by my parents' house. The monseigneur at our church (Murphy was his name, IIRC) went to the supermarket to buy the groceries for the priests. It was laundry day and all his frocks and uniforms were in for washing so he shopped in regular street clothes. When he was checking out the groceries, the young girl at the register (a parishioner) looked up and blurted out:

"Oh! Monseigneur Murphy! I didn't recognize you with your clothes on!"

Five seconds later she nearly fainted from embarrassment.

etrigan63

Interesting use of props and lighting, but you should put a warning that the images are NSFW (Not Safe For Work).

etrigan63

Just adding to the body will make it show up in the e-mail notifications. Images come over as links so we'll know whether we can click on them at work or not.

D

ddk

Just adding to the body will make it show up in the e-mail notifications. Images come over as links so we'll know whether we can click on them at work or not.
too late now but I'll know for next series, thanks.