The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

T

totallynatural

Hi this is my first post (or possibly second to this forum, I did write something ages ago). I tend to be a reader foremost :)
I am fortunate enough to live in Brighton, England (doing a post grad course) and thought I would finally add to pictures, after seeing all the great pics others have contributed. The pics today are using a D300 with the 180 f2.8D. I've attached a link as theirs quite few!
I'm hoping to get out tomorrow at sunrise and use the voigtlander 40mm too (I also always carry a ricoh gx100 everywhere usually on wrist along with the D300 :) and have posted a similar set in the smalls sensor forum)
Hope you enjoy them! Kind regards Matt
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=111749&id=618390481&l=76ea701cea

Lloyd

Hi this is my first post (or possibly second to this forum, I did write something ages ago). I tend to be a reader foremost :)
I am fortunate enough to live in Brighton, England (doing a post grad course) and thought I would finally add to pictures, after seeing all the great pics others have contributed. The pics today are using a D300 with the 180 f2.8D. I've attached a link as theirs quite few!
I'm hoping to get out tomorrow at sunrise and use the voigtlander 40mm too (I also always carry a ricoh gx100 everywhere usually on wrist along with the D300 :) and have posted a similar set in the smalls sensor forum)
Some nice work there, Matt.

fotografz

Nice. It's fun to quickly click through the sequence of birds in flight :)

Nice color.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
The birds in flight are nice. I particularly like this one:

Although you want to show your complete gallery, it's usually a good idea to put up a teaser in the thread, to give an indication of what is there.

viablex1

you are right the pic could stand some additional work, I have tons of them, just back from paris, So I just color corrected etc.

interesting story, I was doing night shots with the same camera right out in front of that same church when a bum attacked me trying to grab my camera, I evade him and saved the D700 from destruction, my wife backed me up we ran like hell toward notre dame and I flagged a taxi down right in the middle of the street stopping traffic and we fled the seen, note to self , have a cell phone that works in europe, secondly find out where to buy mace in paris, am glad I did not have my knife with me that last thing I needed was a visit to the palais du justice..

Lloyd

you are right the pic could stand some additional work, I have tons of them, just back from paris, So I just color corrected etc.

interesting story, I was doing night shots with the same camera right out in front of that same church when a bum attacked me trying to grab my camera, I evade him and saved the D700 from destruction, my wife backed me up we ran like hell toward notre dame and I flagged a taxi down right in the middle of the street stopping traffic and we fled the seen, note to self , have a cell phone that works in europe, secondly find out where to buy mace in paris, am glad I did not have my knife with me that last thing I needed was a visit to the palais du justice..
YIKES!!!:wtf::wtf::wtf:

viablex1

believe me it was very very hairy!! he grabbed me and I shook of his grip with my left arm and started backing away, then he grabbed me again and I looked him in the eye, I was getting ready to throw down and start using that bogen tripod I had, my wife ran at him screaming , and I am sure he couldn;t see her that well, and he stopped dead, he had a female partner that approached me from behind and distracted me that is when I heard my wife yell, he's coming down the stairs!!! so I have a good plan for night shots on my next visit!!!

Lloyd

believe me it was very very hairy!! he grabbed me and I shook of his grip with my left arm and started backing away, then he grabbed me again and I looked him in the eye, I was getting ready to throw down and start using that bogen tripod I had, my wife ran at him screaming , and I am sure he couldn;t see her that well, and he stopped dead, he had a female partner that approached me from behind and distracted me that is when I heard my wife yell, he's coming down the stairs!!! so I have a good plan for night shots on my next visit!!!
Glad you came out of it unscathed.

viablex1

oh and saint gervais is a bum lair at least the front entrance is..some guy watches their stuff during the day, I went back the next day to see if he was still there, he wasn't of course but the lookout guy was.

I had the shutter open but you can only see his ghostly appearance as he starts to run down the stairs and "bum rush" me, I will post it later...

thanks I def got lucky!!

Lloyd

oh and saint gervais is a bum lair at least the front entrance is..some guy watches their stuff during the day, I went back the next day to see if he was still there, he wasn't of course but the lookout guy was.

I had the shutter open but you can only see his ghostly appearance as he starts to run down the stairs and "bum rush" me, I will post it later...

thanks I def got lucky!!
Indeed. Not an experience you'd want to repeat, I'm guessing.

viablex1

you said it, I am glad he wasn't armed, and some of it is on me they where sleeping up there, so I just should have moved on, and I will def shoot night shots much earlier, but man the thought of that 700 getting stolen I was like you are going to have to beat my *** and if you do I will wreck that camera so you cant sell it.....they guy was really high which helped me, and looking back he looked really able bodied he wasn't weak that's for sure, he probably thought I would just give it up I guess...

Lloyd

you said it, I am glad he wasn't armed, and some of it is on me they where sleeping up there, so I just should have moved on, and I will def shoot night shots much earlier, but man the thought of that 700 getting stolen I was like you are going to have to beat my *** and if you do I will wreck that camera so you cant sell it.....they guy was really high which helped me, and looking back he looked really able bodied he wasn't weak that's for sure, he probably thought I would just give it up I guess...
I know what you mean about wrecking the gear first. In fact, when I bought my 200-400, I was doing a shoot in an area that concerned me a bit, and mentioned it to a friend at the store where I bought it. He reminded me that the extended warranty I purchased had a no-fault provision, and said that if someone tried to take it, I should just slam it to the ground, making it useless, as I could return the pieces for a replacement. Still, I would have hated to do that, but...