The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

T

totallynatural

The birds in flight are nice. I particularly like this one:

Although you want to show your complete gallery, it's usually a good idea to put up a teaser in the thread, to give an indication of what is there.
Hi thanks for the comments :) Yes I should have put what is actually in the gallery :) it definitely helps.
I went out a couple of days ago with the D300 again this time with the voigtlander 40mm. A few may look slightly oof as I had forgotten to return the microadjustment to normal for this lens! (it requires max +20 on 180mm). The pics are of Brighton seafront again.
Hope you enjoy them. I'm not a handheld camera type person (with an SLR) and prefer using tripod and very low iso's. My tripod locking plate has broken though so all my d300 pics on here so far are handheld.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=111959&id=618390481&l=aca0e0a534

Leica 77

Fun Pictures with Nikon -- Nikon D300 with Rollei Sonnar 85mm f2.8 with an adapter. Aperture wide open. Thanks for looking! Leica 77

Last edited:

Leica 77

Hello Viablex1,
Thanks for your kind feedback! I see you also use Nikon D300 to create fabulous digital images. What picture control settings do you usually use -- Standard, Neutral, Vivid? Best regards. Leica 77

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Some change for a change, not from Hanoi, but from Pattaya, the Capital of Sin. The chaotic, little city down along the coast has been blessed with yet another shopping mall, on the beach no less. So now, the weekend tourists from Bangkok can buy the same items and eat the same food as they do in Bangkok, except, if they go outside this windowless fortress of Mammon, they can spot the sea through the traffic jams of Beach Road :rolleyes:

Life apparently has meanings that are too complicated for me to understand :confused:

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/11

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/6.3

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
William,
It's not only OK to post S5 photos here, for some of us, it's the preferred camera, and certainly my current favourite.

Very lovely, somewhat dramatic portrait. Which 28mm is it?

Lloyd

Well, I have too much time today so here's another one with the s5pro/ nikkor 20-35mm

Very nice moment. I think I'd crop the top down to a little over the sunburst, doesn't add anything. This would be great in b/w too.

Keep 'em comin'!!! (much rather look at your great stuff than work!):thumbs:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Time for a portrait, a Danish portrait, and that Tamron lens... Colours would have been better with the S5, but the D80 was what I had :(

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/4.0