The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Welcome to the world of advertising!
You mean advertising is kind of.... not reality :confused:

But I thought that...:wtf:

Great Circus shots, Amin, particularly those with the audience visible as a dark background. They give a very nice feeling of space. Camera, lens and ISO?

Amin

Thanks Jorgen! I used the D700 with the AF 85/1.4. I had the camera in manual mode ~f/2, shutter between 1/250s and 1/1000s depending on the action, and auto ISO up to ISO 6400. The shots I showed here were, in order, at ISO 1100, 2500, 1400, 6400, and 2000.

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanks Jorgen! I used the D700 with the AF 85/1.4. I had the camera in manual mode ~f/2, shutter between 1/250s and 1/1000s depending on the action, and auto ISO up to ISO 6400. The shots I showed here were, in order, at ISO 1100, 2500, 1400, 6400, and 2000.
Great stuff... thanks for the info too.

R

Ranger 9

Nice shooting, Amin, and I particularly liked the way you worked the lights into the compositions.

JohnH

John, those are both beautiful! Can you tell us more about them?
Amin, thanks for the compliment.

First photo. - There was a parade in Bangkok this morning - I think people representing different parts of Thailand. And needless to say I now have 350 - 400 photos added to my Thai collection. Some of the parade consisted of floats, and a young lady was standing on the side of such a float, dressed as a statue. She enjoyed posing for the camera. Nikon D2Xs. 17 - 55 mm lens. EXIF details - f 3.3 at 1/160.

Second photo - reflections from a multi-storey building, which seems to have copper-colored glass. A nice challenge. 70 - 200mm. EXIF is f9.5, 1/60.

Both processed in Capture One, with minimal modification.

Cheers,

John

Lloyd

Amin, thanks for the compliment.

First photo. - There was a parade in Bangkok this morning - I think people representing different parts of Thailand. And needless to say I now have 350 - 400 photos added to my Thai collection. Some of the parade consisted of floats, and a young lady was standing on the side of such a float, dressed as a statue. She enjoyed posing for the camera. Nikon D2Xs. 17 - 55 mm lens. EXIF details - f 3.3 at 1/160.

Second photo - reflections from a multi-storey building, which seems to have copper-colored glass. A nice challenge. 70 - 200mm. EXIF is f9.5, 1/60.

Both processed in Capture One, with minimal modification.

Cheers,

John
Great stuff, John. Thanks for sharing.

leif e

Testing the S5 Pro on a gorgeous day, made to make us believe in spring again - for a day or two. :rolleyes: But; the aftermath of winter can also look good - and the S5 seems to handle it well. Nikkor-S 1,2/55 AI´d

Last edited:

JohnH

Jorgen - I will check tomorrow - people at work will know. It seemed to be regional promotions of some kind, and the parade went along Sukhumvit from Emporium through to Siam.

Cheers,

John

Lloyd

Testing the S5 Pro on a gorgeous day, made to make us believe in spring again - for a day or two. :rolleyes: But; the aftermath of winter can also look good - and the S5 seems to handle it well. Nikkor-S 1,2/55 AI´d
Beautiful... love those cool, blue shadows.

leif e

Thanks, Lloyd! Actually, the only thing I really did in Aperture, was correcting white balance a bit - they were even bluer ... :)