The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Love that shot Jorgen... Here's one from a recent trip to Puerto Rico, and yes, that's what I had for lunch :)
Yum!!! Nice. Where were you. I lived in PR for a while in the 70s. I lived the Rio Piedras section of San Juan, and then in Arecibo. Loved it there, but haven't been back for years.

David K

Workshop Member
LLoyd, these were taken not far from the airport in San Juan but I did have the opportunity to drive through Arecibo on my way to Rincon to visit a photographer friend. Stopped in Isabela (beautiful little town) and many other incredibly scenic spots down there. Too many folks limit themselves to San Juan when visiting and miss the best parts of the island.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Great beach shot, David.

The boy with the red hair was a bit tricky, and unfortunately, it isn't sharp. I was on an express-boat on one of the canals in Bangkok and spotted him at one of the stops, standing among a lot of other people in the shadow. The boat had started moving and the side-curtains were going up before I could get a clear shot. Had I seen him before, I would have gotten off to take some photos of him and his friends. They had all coloured their hair in some spectacular shades of the rainbow. The schools here are closed for the summer holiday, so kids are free to freak out. At most schools, black is the only colour that is permitted, and even the length of the hair is decided by the school board or headmaster.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Last one for today: Thaksin supporter at the political rally around Government House in Bangkok today.

D80 with 70-300mm ED @ 270mm and f/5.6

D

ddk

Last one for today: Thaksin supporter at the political rally around Government House in Bangkok today.

Odd color for one of Thailand's biggest capitalists, wonder how much he was paid to show up.:clap:

Hey, I just noticed that we match!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Odd color for one of Thailand's biggest capitalists, wonder how much he was paid to show up.:clap:
This is marketing. The red colour is popular among football fans in Thailand, since it's used by the most popular English teams, and most men here are football fans. I wouldn't be surprised if the uniforms are made by the same factories that make supporter gear for the football groupies...

Hey, I just noticed that we match!
So you're a Thaksin supporter too :confused: or is it Man U?

Lloyd

LLoyd, these were taken not far from the airport in San Juan but I did have the opportunity to drive through Arecibo on my way to Rincon to visit a photographer friend. Stopped in Isabela (beautiful little town) and many other incredibly scenic spots down there. Too many folks limit themselves to San Juan when visiting and miss the best parts of the island.
I agree, there's so much more the PR than San Juan, and then even the parts of San Juan most tourists see (Old San Juan, etc), while nice, don't really give you much of the full flavor of the island. Rincon, eh? For my $$ the best surfing on that side of the continent!!

Thanks for the nostalgia.

JohnH

Jorgen,

Some nice color. I am in Australia for a week - just hope the red shirts don't close the airport down before I return!

Cheers,

John

JohnH

D2Xs, 17-55mm at 55mm. 1/320, f6.7. This lady was 'on camera' and loving every second. I don't know what she was singing but she was enjoying herself tremendously.

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Unusual makeup for Thailand on the white lady, John. I like it nonetheless. A slightly higher exposure would probably have given it more "Bang" :)

Here's another one from the canal. It was my intention to place these next to each other, since most people have wide screen monitors these days, but the gallery here reduces the size of photos wider than 900px and leaves artifacts during the reduction, so I stacked them instead. I couldn't decide on b&w or colour here, and two is better than one anyway, isn't it...?

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 26mm and f/3.2

woodyspedden

Unusual makeup for Thailand on the white lady, John. I like it nonetheless. A slightly higher exposure would probably have given it more "Bang" :)

Here's another one from the canal. It was my intention to place these next to each other, since most people have wide screen monitors these days, but the gallery here reduces the size of photos wider than 900px and leaves artifacts during the reduction, so I stacked them instead. I couldn't decide on b&w or colour here, and two is better than one anyway, isn't it...?

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 26mm and f/3.2

Jordan

I vote for the color version. The B&W is nice but this image has little context so the color adds impact. The combination of small DOF and nicely saturated color without overblowing it makes for a really nice image. Great job

Woody