The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Stuart Richardson

Yes, they are nice photos, but there is something going on -- it looks like they were exported at quality 1 or something, which they should not have been because they are quite large in KB size.

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
just a guess, but agreed, too compressed but also oversharpened...this happens some times to me when I use the same sharpening parameters on a small file image that i would use on a larger file image....like I said just a guess...get lots of strange artifacts...

A

adam0211

Thnx nice images

Hi friends!!!!!

its really nice

warn regards
adam carter

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Across the table during lunch yesterday. Nice restaurant with very good food. No flash, but windows on two sides.

D80 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/4.0

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you Lloyd. Friends sometimes think I'm a bit weird though, since i choose restaurant, restaurant table as well as which chair to sit in only after evaluating the light. Don't all people do that :confused:

Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd. Friends sometimes think I'm a bit weird though, since i choose restaurant, restaurant table as well as which chair to sit in only after evaluating the light. Don't all people do that :confused:
Hmm. I thought everyone did too :D

Actually, like my father before me, I always have to sit facing the entrance. My Dad calls it the Old West Gunslinger mentality. Maybe so. ;)

Leica 77

Hello Jorgen,
I concurr with Lloyd, it is a very nice portrait. The legendary Nikon 50mm f1.8 lens shines again! From my recent expedition cruise, I share a couple of digital images recorded by My Nikon D300 + AF 18-200mm VR lens in the remote southern Lau Islands of Fiji, South Pacific. Thanks. Leica 77 :)

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Known territory, Lloyd. According to my father, he can always figure out where the waitresses are standing when idle, from the position at the table that I choose :rolleyes:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hello Jorgen,
I concurr with Lloyd, it is a very nice portrait. The legendary Nikon 50mm f1.8 lens shines again! From my recent expedition cruise, I share a couple of digital images recorded by My Nikon D300 + AF 18-200mm VR lens in the remote southern Lau Islands of Fiji, South Pacific. Thanks. Leica 77 :)
Thank you. Those are both nice. I particularly like the second one. It gives an intense feeling of "A happy time for all".