The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Terry

Hi Lloyd, that is what I love about the city by the bay. So, many great places to shoot and so many varieties to the light. Even when not shooting and driving around I've always said to my NY friends that every time you crest a hill it is like a whole new enchanting landscape opens up to your eyes.

leif e

Spring has really got the hang of it now. Around here, that is. Today the walk in the woods went to an area facing north and thus lying in shadow much of the day. Suddenly some snow left and the earliest flowers still fresh: Hepatica again, it´s white relative and our good friend Rulle (Roller). S5 Pro, AF Micro-Nikkor 2,8/105 D.

leif e

Last edited:

Lloyd

Spring has really got the hang of it now. Around here, that is. Today the walk in the woods went to an area facing north and thus lying in shadow much of the day. Suddenly some snow left and the earliest flowers still fresh: Hepatica again, it´s white relative and our good friend Rulle (Roller). S5 Pro, AF Micro-Nikkor 2,8/105 D.

leif e
Beautiful images, Leif. You're rockin' that S5.:thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here I'm away for a couple of days, and there are soooo many cool photos. Too many to mention, but the synchronised lunch wins the prize from me. Great timing :thumbs:

simonclivehughes

Jorgen,

Not a Nikon, but the much-loved Leica Digilux 2... How about synchronized shopping? I shot this sitting in a restaurant in Amsterdam, just random shooting as people appeared in the doorway. It wasn't until I had the image on the monitor that I saw the details: identical twins, dressed the same, both with shopping bags and cigarettes, and all this in perfect synchronicity!

View attachment 15775

Cheers,

Last edited:

Lloyd

Jorgen,

Not a Nikon, but the much-loved Leica Digilux 2... How about synchronized shopping? I shot this sitting in a restaurant in Amsterdam, just random shooting as people appeared in the doorway. It wasn't until I had the image on the monitor that I saw the details: identical twins, dressed the same, both with shopping bags and cigarettes, and all this in perfect synchronicity!

View attachment 15775

Cheers,
Nicely seen! Great catch.:thumbup:

leif e

Decided to stick with DX for a while; traded my 20 for a 12-24 Nikkor. First test this late afternoon. Like it, I think.
S5 Pro, Zoom Nikkor 12-24, ISO 200, BW in Silver Efex Pro.

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Decided to stick with DX for a while; traded my 20 for a 12-24 Nikkor. First test this late afternoon. Like it, I think.
S5 Pro, Zoom Nikkor 12-24, ISO 200, BW in Silver Efex Pro.
Interesting that you are saying that. As much as I would like to have a D700 or a D3 or a D3X, except for the exceptional high ISO or high pixel count of those cameras, I'm very happy with the DX format at the moment. There are some excellent, inexpensive WA lenses available (I'm probably going for the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8), I get a lot of reach with more compact telephoto lenses, and if I want a top class portrait lens, I can buy the relatively inexpensive Sigma 50. And obviously, there's no FX Fuji available anyway... :rolleyes:

Nice forest photos, and as Lloyd said: very nice b&w conversions.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lloyd, I keep coming back to your red, white and blue, high-key sailboat photo. I didn't like it to start with, but it's growing on me. There's one thing though: since the two yachts are the main subjects, I keep searching for better definition, a little bit higher contrast, between the hulls and the background, and between the mainsail of the boat to the right and the background. As it is, I have to look twice to see where the hulls end and where the background starts.

In any case, it's absolutely a photo to hang on the wall.