The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
David,
You post photos here far to seldom. Your motives contain a combination of drama and sensuality that is fascinating as well as scarringly realistic. Very well performed.

I do hope that you didn't have to behead the model for real to achieve the desired effect though :lecture:

D

ddk

David,
You post photos here far to seldom. Your motives contain a combination of drama and sensuality that is fascinating as well as scarringly realistic. Very well performed.

I do hope that you didn't have to behead the model for real to achieve the desired effect though :lecture:
Thanks Jorgen, to be honest, I only shoot once every few months or so for 2 or 3 days back to back, when I have some ideas and then stop. Afterwards it takes me a while to make a selection and decide how to present it. I have a couple more things coming from the same shooting period that I'll be posting this week.

The model was great, she'd dip her head underwater until I got the shot and it took a while and a good twenty shots or more for those lotus leaves to float into right position.

I'm more traditional with MF for now while trying to get my head around and understand the system better, here are my first posts in that forum near the bottom of the page,

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?p=98160#post98160

but hope to rectify that soon and shoot with the same way I use the S5 which I know very well.

Last edited:

Terry

David,
Wow. That is just beautifully done. There are just so many aspects that delight, the light, the reflections, etc. Again Wow.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Where do temples come from? From combined efforts, mostly. Monks, ordinary people, some with and some without money, work together for years to accomplish something like this, to have a place for their spiritual needs.

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 24mm and f/8.0

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
+ 1, David
Jorgen's monk with the robe to grow in is priceless :D
and I also dig Jorgen's temple with all the shoes in front, looks like a doll's house
and your own BB (beheaded beauty...), scary drama :eek:
and Alex' D3X shots with an impressive Dynamic Range :bugeyes:
and fortynine's wide ZF 50 Makro panorama :thumbup:
... so many fine images here !

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
+ 1, David
Jorgen's monk with the robe to grow in is priceless :D
and I also dig Jorgen's temple with all the shoes in front, looks like a doll's house
and your own BB (beheaded beauty...), scary drama :eek:
and Alex' D3X shots with an impressive Dynamic Range :bugeyes:
and fortynine's wide ZF 50 Makro panorama :thumbup:
... so many fine images here !
What Steen said +1!
David, I would love to see that image printed!