The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

robmac

Not with a Nikon (1Ds2) but the more I use the older glass (especially Mamiya) the more I like them. Mamiya 80/1.9 compressed all to hell for web. A large print on VFA just glows (and the colors are more accurate than the post-compression jpeg) and the subtle texture of the paper, while hidden under the ink, gives a nice sense of depth to the print. Ya have to love semi-comatose models when you're playing with a new lens :>

Unfortunately given my slightly raised position relative to my 'model', I misplaced the point of focus just a hair (no pun intended) too far aft of the camera side of his right eye. Made mistake of using focus confirm dot instead of Mark 1 eyeball.

On the lens side, love the Mamiya 55/2.8, 80/1.9, 150/3.5 and 200/2.8 APO - who knows what's next. Have yet to be disappointed with any of the M645 lenses. The Hassy 110/2 was just as sweet.

Last edited:

wjlapier

I have a Hassy to Nikon adaptor that I bought from Popflash, don't know the brand but is very well built and works great. There are some Mamiya lenses that I'm interested in trying out too.

What's crazy is buying a modern dslr system with all its bells & whistles, then messing around with old tech. In the past 2 years I've either sold or stopped using most of my modern, AF Nikkors in favor of Zeiss ZF lenses, older AIS Zeiss Jenna and one AIS Nikkor, or Hassy glass with adaptor. I even replaced my Nikon zoom lenses with older Angenieuxs and Tamrons for the rare occasions that I use a zoom. Now I'm looking a Mamiya Leica R adaptors, what's wrong with this picture?
I picked up a Leica Visoflex to Nikon adapter to use my ver 1 90 Summicron. What a great lens on the D700.

A couple of fun ones from the D700 and 35/1.8 AFS.

woodyspedden

I love the fact that I can use my Hassy V lenses on both my MFDB Hassy H3DII-39 as well as the Nikon D3. This allows me to carry one set of lenses and switch between body types depending on what I am shooting. I used to try to decide which system to carry into the field but now I don't have to make those choices

Woody

AlexLF

Thanks guys! I wish I could have more time for photography. I've seen a rainbow yesterday which is VERY rare for Moscow and I couldn't manage to catch it properly! But I think that was not for photography - a sign for my daughter to born and yes! I'm a father since two hours back! :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys! I wish I could have more time for photography. I've seen a rainbow yesterday which is VERY rare for Moscow and I couldn't manage to catch it properly! But I think that was not for photography - a sign for my daughter to born and yes! I'm a father since two hours back! :)
Congratulations with the daughter, Alex. Sounds like she will become a colourful little girl then :)

leif e

Congratulations, Alex! The greatest experience imaginable!

Me, I´m trying hard to slow spring down - it passes far too quickly!
leif e

S5, Micro-Nikkor 105/2,8

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Leif, this is a beautiful photo.

Jorgen, Looks yummy!

Alex, Congratulations on the new daughter. A daughter is a wonderful treasure.
I hope that we will see pictures of her soon.

Lloyd

Congratulations, Alex. The beginning of a great adventure... and I have no doubt that the most beautiful and important images you ever take will be of your family. Again, my congratulations and all the best to your family.

D

ddk

I hardly ever shoot landscapes but was going through the images from our trip to Lee Vining area last fall when a local storm was brewing, and found a group that I shot of the impressive skies. Here are a couple of hand held quickies shot with the Fuji S5 and Zeiss 25mm ZF, high winds were not conducive to elaborate setups.