The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

24-70s Are Shipping!

Kphelan

My dealer just got in 6. I picked mine up at lunch. Here's a couple of quick & dirtys from the backyard today. Both at f4 (I think...)

Kphelan

As a comparison, here is one from this weekend with the famous Leica macro lens. Aka a standard issue 50 Cron for the M8, focused at minumum distance with me wobbling back and forth to get the lead blossom sharp. At f2.8. The Dogwoods are in bloom here in the Midwest.

Kphelan

No, I have not tried the new 14-24. To be honest, it is just too big for my tastes. I am looking into a 17-35 as a "walkaround" lens on my D300. I am also waiting for the D3x shoe to drop. Thom Hogan is predicting the 2nd week of June. We'll see. Like you, I am a HUGE fan of normal sized cameras. Where is it written that we all need or will accept a D3/1Ds3 size body? My favorite Nikon of yore was an F2 body with a straight prism. Would love to get back to those days... (the D300 comes close!)

---Kent

V

Vivek

Where is it written that we all need or will accept a D3/1Ds3 size body? My favorite Nikon of yore was an F2 body with a straight prism. Would love to get back to those days... (the D300 comes close!)

---Kent
Kent, Couldn't agree more with that. Digi FM something would be a good size for a full frame sensor.

Nice Dogwood flower shots!