The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikkor 200/2.0 handheld

otumay

Graham, thank you. Actually I am a very timid person, but coming closer to being a senior citizen, I discovered that one is forgiven for his/her eccentricities. I sometimes do get praises which are not completely flattering, like, "Whoa! Look at that old gun, fit as a fiddle!" - "Yees, a very old fiddle (chuckle chuckle)"...

jsf

Nice photos Osman, I have the much older version of the 200mm the f/4 which I use with the D700, oddly I find it light and fun when walking around, since I usually use my 300mm which weighs 2 kilos. I photograph pieces of buildings, not people, but I find the longer lens gives me what I like. But the 200mm is a sweetheart of lens, isn't it? Joe

otumay

s.agar: I thought you knew:toocool:

Joe: 200/2.0 with its larger sibling, 200-400/4.0 are probably two of Nikon's best lenses imho.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Joe: 200/2.0 with its larger sibling, 200-400/4.0 are probably two of Nikon's best lenses imho.
Absolutely agree on that. :thumbs:

I just sold my 200/2 VR to raise funds for another item but I absolutely loved this lens. I'm sure I'll get another at some point. I've had my 200-400/4 VR for several years now and it's also a stunning lens that you'd have to prise from my cold dead hands. As Ferris Bueller put it, "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up!" :thumbup:

The other ... 600/4 VR. Another absolutely stunning lens. Flawless in my experience, with the possible exception of being a beast to carry and travel with.

Phew, the last batch!
Thanks for your patience.

Believe me, they weren't catching anything
If that's where I think it is then they could just drop the lines down on to the restaurant tables below and snatch something pre-cooked. :ROTFL: