The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D3 & D300 colors

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hi Jorgen
Not just that, but the Zeiss lenses are chipped for Pentax (unlike Nikon), so they'll work properly in Program mode as well (FWIW).

but what are the files like?
That's been my question as well. The little I've seen so far have been slightly less robust than files from the D300. It will be interesting to follow.

What has impressed me a lot, are jpegs from the much cheaper K200D. Much better (more detail, colours more to my liking) than those coming from Nikon cameras with the same sensor. Haven't seen any RAWs though.

I consider buying that one for starters, and the 31/1.8 and 77/1.8. With the addition of the yet not released 15mm Limited, I should have a very nice travel kit as an alternative to the E-1 and a zoom.

LCT

...what are the files like?
That is the question. I would like to see how the Pentax renders with Zeiss lenses like 28/2, 50/1.4 or 50/2.
Its IQ is highly praised by Chasseur d'Images (# 302, April 2008): good dynamic range at 14 bits; high but natural saturation; pure and 'fresh' colors; ultra-fine grain; very high sharpness; low noise up to 1600 iso.
Interesting views given that the reviewer (Ronan Loaec) is a Leicaphile. But he did not test the body with Zeiss lenses and as usual at Chasseur d'Images the sample files are only jpegs.