The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shutter count on D2X

David K

Workshop Member
I'm selling this camera and the buyer wants to know the shutter count. He suggested Opanda but I'm on Mac and that seems to be a PC based program. Anyone have a suggestion.

Thanks.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
David,
I couldn't find it in Opanda (image is blank). I put your file in exiftool and the image number was 38683. Does that sound right?

David K

Workshop Member
Cindy,
Thanks for trying... I have no idea what the shutter count was when I bought it. My own use over the past two years has been less than 10% of that number. I don't much care about these things but don't want to misrepresent anything I'm selling.

gromitspapa

The second image pulls up the EXIF info on Opanda, but not the total shutter actuations. I checked with one of my images, and it's the same. But if I use an original JPEG out of the camera, I get more info, including the total shutter actuations. Sorry, I've only done this once before. Post the original JPEG or (preferably) a link and I think we'll be in business.

V

Vivek

What Cindy already said.

Your 2nd image gives this data in PS (-> file info).

David K

Workshop Member
Vivek,
Thanks for taking the time to look at this for me. I use file info frequently but have never before gone into the advanced settings and, if I had, would never have thought to look in that folder. Good to learn something new and may be of interest to others as well.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
What Cindy and Vivek have already said: "ImageNumber 38683" according to KUSO Exif Viewer