The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fuji s5pro

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
S5 Pro: best jpegs I have EVER seen. Fuji's HU software is on a par with NX; which why I use the latest version of ACR.

S5's implementation of various controls, and menu system, feels a lot slower to use than the D200's. OTOH, as the poster above said, when you have the look you want, no problem. I have been thinking about getting another one, and perhaps getting rid of the D300—I just never use it these days. I could see the S5 sans grip as a walk-around fun camera.

Last point is that the Raw files are huge, but memory is cheap now. cheers, kl

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I just went through some photos I took last year with the S3, and what strikes me is that "this is the look I want in my photos". There's a mint 135mm f/2.0 in a shop nearby that costs the difference between an S5 and a D300. I agree with Kit, a second Fuji is not a bad idea at all.

Here's one from last year. S3 with 80-200 AF-S. 195mm f/4.8.

I think I'll stay away from issues of age and stick to less challenging issues like dynamic range. I have an S3 and can only add to what's been said. The fuji is a JPG camera all the way, and makes great ones needing very little processing for color. I always shot mine at full dynamic range getting flatter files but always having shadow and highlights well in range, then adding contrast in PS. excellent cameras for anything but sports. best....Peter

otumay

I know this will sound nonsense but I have to say it: In spite of its ease of use and technically flawless results, my D300 delivers shots that do not thrill me in the least. Yes I know, when I open them in PS they seem alright, but I do not LIKE them. They look bland, lifeless. OTOH, my S5 shots always have a higher wow factor for me. Yes, I take my D300 when I have to travel with a single camera, or when I do not know which light conditions await me. But I shoot with S5 whenever and wherever I can.
Osman, the Fuji-lover

N

nei1

Otumay,that is a very interesting thing to say,can you expand on it a little?If not then id just like to agree with Helen.:salute: