The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stephanie and Hillary

David K

Workshop Member
From a shoot at a friend's studio where we were all taking turns with the models. When I finished shooting my Sinar back, grabbed the D3, cranked the ISO to 6400 and used available light. Man, I love this camera. No post on these...

woodyspedden

Having been a Nikon shooter for many (yes many) years I am simply amazed at the technology the D3 has brought to the market. Not only is it wonderful but on a scale of 1-10 10 easy. Even thinking back to the F5 and film the D3 makes it all so easy. You can simply focus on the composition and lighting and forget whether the tool will do its job. YMMV

Woody

David K

Workshop Member
Having been a Nikon shooter for many (yes many) years I am simply amazed at the technology the D3 has brought to the market. Not only is it wonderful but on a scale of 1-10 10 easy. Even thinking back to the F5 and film the D3 makes it all so easy. You can simply focus on the composition and lighting and forget whether the tool will do its job. YMMV
Woody
I'm with you on this. Fact of the matter is I've never owned a camera that would let me get these shots before. Ambient light too low (for me) to manually focus. My 85 1.4 AF is the blind man's Noct :)

D

DougDolde

How about single and 35 years younger? I already have the single part it's the 35 years that are the hard part.

Very nice Dave, but that sure doesn't look like Hillary to me.

V

Vivek

David, Thanks for posting the last shot. Very nice. Well done.

The D3 shots aren't done well, IMHO. Stephanie (Model #1) has a scratch in her arm which shows in both the shots. The folds in the arm pits do not look good.
Hillary's (Model #2) fingers/hand is out of focus/distracting.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
What is wrong with me?
I look at that last shot and find myself lusting over a sinar:ROTFL:
-bob