The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Noct Samples

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hi David, do you know which magnifying eyepiece he had? I've looked into getting one (I've called Jim at Brightscreen and his eyepieces aren't quite ready for the D3 yet).

V

Vivek

Hi Kurt,

Take a look here: http://www.pbase.com/regit/noct_nikkor
for some of the finest Noct examples that I have come across.

Regit loves this lens. It does a great job for people photography.

It is a pity that there is more chat on this rare beast than any samples to show what it can do.

Thanks for sharing your initial joy!:)

David K

Workshop Member
Hi David, do you know which magnifying eyepiece he had? I've looked into getting one (I've called Jim at Brightscreen and his eyepieces aren't quite ready for the D3 yet).
Kurt,
It was the Nikon DK-17M magnifier together with the Nikon DK-19 Rubber Eyecup ($34.95 and $8.95 respectively at B&H). I've just ordered both for myself... You guys who are shooting MF on the D3 have weakened my resolve not to do this. I've just ordered a Hasselblad to Nikon adapter (Japanese made Elefoto) primarily so that I can use my 110 f/2 FE with the D3. I know Woody is doing the same but with a different adapter system I think.

Last edited:

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I am trying to get a Noct for my D3.

Another question, I am also interested in a 1.4/35, has anyone experience with that type of lens - especially on the D3?

woodyspedden

I don't Peter but I bought the Zeiss ZF 2.0 and find it a fabulous lens. Worthy of all the praise reviewers have been heaping on it. With the high ISO performance of the D3 the extra stop from glass is not a very big deal.

Woody