The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Very strong photo, Corlan.
Thank you kindly, Jorgen.

Corlan: Thank you! :D We have a couple of Pirenesi etchings and William Hogarth's "An Election Entertainment" engravings (no Bruegel's, darn). I'm a big fan of complex images with people interacting and doing their own thing. I did try to pp it like Steve! Must of moved in the right direction. :D
Piranesi? Originals?!!? :shocked:
will you adopt me, Matt? :eek: :ROTFL:

Re the multi interaction part, if you don't know him you might want to have a look into the work of the caricaturist Albert Dubout and especially his street scenes. For some reason -and quite surprisingly- it's not well documented on the internet at all (just some general drawings on google), but his larger street scenes are simply estounding with details (and humor).

Well done on the PP.
(even though your mischievous plot has been exposed :grin:)

On the last set, i'm partial to "Gum Wall Confessional". A good addition to your "reflections" series, with a lot of layers, angles and dimensions. Then it's not before you look closer into the details that you figure out the real (smaller) scale of the composition. Love it :thumbs:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
On this one, the white card went back in the trunk.
In order to get it "like i see it", the older, simple recipes were best.

Standard WB, high ISO (1600), low shutter speed (1/30), block you elbows on a solid surface... shoot.

Yes, the camera was perfectly straight, looks like they built it -or it turned- "otherwise". Passed the test of time, though.

shtarka1

Standard WB, high ISO (1600), low shutter speed (1/30), block you elbows on a solid surface... shoot.

Yes, the camera was perfectly straight, looks like they built it -or it turned- "otherwise". Passed the test of time, though.
Powerful,Peaceful,Spiritual,Stunning!!!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
On the entrance side, light and resulting colors were drastically different.
Even more of a WB nightmare?

Same setup, though.

On a sidenote, one can't help noticing that the more recent structures apparently needed some kind of support. Matt would easily explain this, but i must admit that looking at the two thin pillars you don't feel 100% confident when passing under the organ mezzanine... :eek: :eek:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Alex: Excellent! That lens is a very good fit with the D3x. The landscapes are beautiful with exceptional distant background detail. I esp. like the composition, detail, and color in this one. Cheers, Matt.
I agree... what he said! Seeing these landscapes with the D3x makes me wonder "who needs medium format?"

shtarka1

"Gum Wall Confessional", "Packing it Up", and "Same Photograph Without the Color". Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/800s @ f/3.5; +2/3 EV; ISO 800

2. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/8000s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

2. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/320s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 800

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Very nice color,reflections & iq Matt! BTW, the concert shots were with a new P&S, the Samsung TL 500 with a 1.8 lens.

rayyan

Exactly! Why always the boys?
(is it Julie?) deserves her own, beautiful portrait.

Superb, Rayyan :thumbup:
Corlan: Thank you my friend, Indeed Mariam does.

Look at those eyes!! Who could resist??!!:salute:
Lloyd: Much appreciated sir. One reason I fell in love with her.

This is special. Very lovely portrait :thumbs:
Jorgen: Sincere thanks.

Rayyan: Looks like a cool place to stay. Perched on the side of the hill. :thumbup: Great photo of your granddaughter. Is she from the Canadian or the US branch? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Thanks. Yes it was cool and cold! She is the Texas side of the frontier.

Folks manby thanks.:salute:

rayyan

Same setup, though.

On a sidenote, one can't help noticing that the more recent structures apparently needed some kind of support. Matt would easily explain this, but i must admit that looking at the two thin pillars you don't feel 100% confident when passing under the organ mezzanine... :eek: :eek:

Corlan: As Steve correctly mentioned; powerful, spiritual and stunning work. The light pickup is splendid.

Wonderful:thumbs::salute:

rayyan

"Gum Wall Confessional", "Packing it Up", and "Same Photograph Without the Color". Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/800s @ f/3.5; +2/3 EV; ISO 800

2. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/8000s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

2. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/320s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 800

Matt: This is brilliant work with the 28/1.4 The colors. and the framinf in the first two are superlative. I particularly love the rendition of the lamps against the bg. Lovely.

The BW is a gorgeous choice for the store window. Beautifful.

:thumbs:

rayyan

Here's an oldie, from 2006 I believe.

S3 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/2.8

Jorgen: Maybe the photo is old but not the theme!:ROTFL: You have been
playing too much on the beach with wonderful company my friend.

The ' old ' beach photo is excellent for the control of a bright scene. And the sequence speaks wonderfully.:thumbs:

Lloyd

Hopelessly behind here (and not likely to change for a few days either), but everyone's posts... Corlan, Matt, Jorgen, Rayyan, MHC, etc., are terrific! Keep 'em coming!

shtarka1

Same setup, though.

Quaint & Beautiful! Well Shot C!