The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

ibcj

Wow. Impressive stuff, Chris. Nicely seen and captured! :salute:
Thanks Lloyd. I really hope the triathlon situation turns out positive. Mimi is quite an impressive athlete. My wife did a few sprint distance triathlons a couple years ago. Not an easy sport to photograph.

Chris: +1. Great sequence. of shots. Beautiful PP. Well seen. Cheers, Matt
\
Thanks Matt... I hope to contribute more. :)

Thank you, Matt and Jørgen.
Chris, stunning shots!
Thank you otumay (not sure if that is your name or just screenname, I'm a newb. :eek:)

Chris, those hawk shots are fabulous, and with an FX + 200mm combo, you must have been very close to this shy bird. Well sneaked !
Thanx Steen...yes, only a board of photographers could appreciate the distance calculation of the body format/lens length combo. :D

Chris: welcome aboard :) Great eagle documentation, and as Steen pointed out, not an easy task with a 12MP FX and a 70-200mm! :bugeyes:
Thanks for the welcome Corlan ! It seems like a nice group, I appreciate the friendly atmosphere. :)

Steen: I know, the 400/2.8 is a beast. It weighs almost 3 lbs. more then the 200-400/4. I think the 200-400mm/f performs well at both ends of it's range. I've also used it with the TC-E14 successfully, IMHO. The attached photo was taken a few weeks after I got the camera and lens (just learning). And, it should work with the new 200-400/4.

The sweet spot for birds, seems to me, to be in the 400-500mm range, and you need a moderately fast lens/camera to shoot a 1000s +. I had a 500mm f/4 VR, but, it was too unwieldy, handheld (weighs 2 lbs. less then the 400/2.8, though). OK on a gimbal head tripod.

I've even tried a couple of the __-500mm Sigma's, but, always returned them because of unsatisfactory IQ. Nikon glass spoils you.

D3; 200-400mm f/4 w/TC-E14; 550mm; 1/1000a @ f/8; ISO 3200

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Wow, Matt! Another HOLY Schmidt shot!! Gorgeous!

m_driscoll

Lake Union Duck Dodge. The last is an earlier posting with different PP. Thanks for looking. cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 340mm; 1/1600s @ f/4; ISO 320

2. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/1250s @ f/4; ISO 400

3. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/2000s @ f/4; ISO 320

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Lake Union Duck Dodge. The last is an earlier posting with different PP. Thanks for looking. cheers, Matt.

[/URL]

The two new shots are superb. You can feel the boats racing in the first one, and a there's a surreal quality to the next, buildings in the background are impressive . Compositions are spot on. :thumbup:
(incidentally they look a bit dark on my screen, but with the much stronger ambiant light we have here since a couple of days, i might have to tune the calibration for day time. It's too nice to see at last signs of plain god weather to work in a darkened room).

m_driscoll

The two new shots are superb. You can feel the boats racing in the first one, and a there's a surreal quality to the next, buildings in the background are impressive . Compositions are spot on. :thumbup:
(incidentally they look a bit dark on my screen, but with the much stronger ambiant light we have here since a couple of days, i might have to tune the calibration for day time. It's too nice to see at last signs of plain god weather to work in a darkened room).
Corlan: Thanks. I was trying for more "impact" per your earlier comment. The first two may be a little dark. I'm not into uber-calibration. I usually print and then tweak the brightness. Enjoy the weather. Ours is very chaotic: clouds, sun, flooding rain, hail and that's all in one afternoon. Cheers, Matt.

rayyan

Something more relaxed than Matt's boat racing...

Window and thing...Stockholm.

Have a nice weekend.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan, nice to see you around. Many things to look at in the window shot. Color is impressive.
Machinery? For some reason it makes me think of Twin Peaks opening credits -despite the obvious differences.

Lloyd

Thanks Steve...Here's another of them ' things '..

Don't go asking me what it is or what it does :eek:

Take care.
Hmm... interesting contraption. Thanks for sharing. I really like the color and composition of your other post, the window in Stockholm. Very nice.

Good to see you back around, my friend.:thumbup:

m_driscoll

Matt: I can't think of anything better.:thumbs:
Regards.
Rayyan,nice color,geometry & "Thing"!;)
Thanks Steve...Here's another of them ' things '..

Don't go asking me what it is or what it does :eek:

Take care.
Rayyan: Thanks. +1, what Steve said about the window/wall. The photo of the contraption's very cool. Steam engine? Mill machinery? Scottish Engineering has been right there since the 1800's. Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Rayyan, nice to see you around. Many things to look at in the window shot. Color is impressive.
Machinery? For some reason it makes me think of Twin Peaks opening credits -despite the obvious differences.
Corian: Much appreciated. Some sort of machinery..went chook chook!

Hmm... interesting contraption. Thanks for sharing. I really like the color and composition of your other post, the window in Stockholm. Very nice.

Good to see you back around, my friend.:thumbup:
Lloyd: Nice to be back Lloyd. How's you and family?. Saw the track runner!
Wonderful.

Rayyan: Thanks. +1, what Steve said about the window/wall. The photo of the contraption's very cool. Steam engine? Mill machinery? Scottish Engineering has been right there since the 1800's. Cheers, Matt

Matt: Steam yes. Why and what? :confused: Love steam trains though.

Thank you all so much.